Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon SG works, but the saving will not work with or without the SRAM patch. It actually starts saying the save is corrupted when I use the SRAM patch, which means if I save, I'll just end up in the last place I saved before it. I also tried the EZ4 Client, but that didn't work either. The patching tool I used was GBATA.

Patching Order:
Patch with Save Patch(Came with Fire Red. Don't even think I need it) > Patch Shiny Gold > Fix Header (Won't start without this) > SRAM(Either Before or after Fix Header and will not work)

Atleast I got the game to work on my EZ 3in1 but it still won't save.
hate2.gif

Has anyone gotten it to work or has a solution?

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked fine for me- I just dumped my own Fire Red ROM, patched with Lunar IPS, patched with the EZ4 Client on default settings, and then burnt to cart with whatever was popular at the time a few months ago.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten it to work:
1. IPS patch
2. SRAM patch
3. Put on 3-in-1

Worked fine for me. I still got the error message "save corrupted" but I could still save just fine. Try a ROM from a different source.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't even get past the GBA Bios Boot thing without using the header fix in GBATA, because it says it's "BAD" after I patch it with the Shiny Gold hack.

GBATA.jpg

And I forgot to say this but I'm using the Version 5 Shiny Gold patch which ends at Fuchsia City. It seems I can't get it to even load my save as it just deletes it now.
unsure.gif
I also tried using another ROM of the same game, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Edit: I found out a way to get saving to work even though it's corrupted! (Yeah, I got the patches and ROM to work) All you have to do is save the game twice, because it reverts to the save before your last.
smile.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, any chance you could tell me how you fixed the saves and everything?
So far, I've patched Fire Red with Shiny Gold V5 and fixed the header with GBATA.

Do I need the newest GBA ExPloader for saves to work?

EDIT:
Sorry, I've got it working now. Just followed what the other guys did.

Out of interest, where did you get the Beta 5 from? The latest I've seen is Beta 4!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs