ROM Hack Question Pokemon Shield freezes after pkhex editing assistance

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I have a quick question:
I recently made some basic edits on my Pokemon Shield save using the most up to date pkhex, which was extracted with Checkpoint, then restored the edited save to my Switch. Now, each time I start the game, the game starts successfully, I reach the title screen but, immediately when it shows my character, the movement completely freezes. The background music continues but the picture is completely frozen.

I've used pkhex dozens of times in the past across multiple generations of pokemon and have never seen this before. Does anyone have any ideas what edits or otherwise may have caused this? I only did some basic edits to my boxes, added some items and, the one new thing I've never used in pkhex, was to activate all the raids throughout the Wild Area and DLC raids. Would this have caused it?
I'm using Atmosphere on firmware 11.0.1 SysNAND

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have a quick question:
I recently made some basic edits on my Pokemon Shield save using the most up to date pkhex, which was extracted with Checkpoint, then restored the edited save to my Switch. Now, each time I start the game, the game starts successfully, I reach the title screen but, immediately when it shows my character, the movement completely freezes. The background music continues but the picture is completely frozen.

I've used pkhex dozens of times in the past across multiple generations of pokemon and have never seen this before. Does anyone have any ideas what edits or otherwise may have caused this? I only did some basic edits to my boxes, added some items and, the one new thing I've never used in pkhex, was to activate all the raids throughout the Wild Area and DLC raids. Would this have caused it?
I'm using Atmosphere on firmware 11.0.1 SysNAND

I would say activating the raids caused this

Reactions: Maroualoud

Maroualoud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Je pense aussi que c'est causé par l'activation des raids, il faut en éditer 1/1 pas 12 sur une sauvegarde, sinon ça fige le jeu

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Success. Unfortunately pkhex had no way of turning off the active raids so I loaded up my backup save (Thank God for the bak folder pkhex makes) and made all my edits a second time, this time without the Raids. It worked! Thank you for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: gn