1. vgplayer54

OP vgplayer54 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hello everyone, I have a quick question:
    I recently made some basic edits on my Pokemon Shield save using the most up to date pkhex, which was extracted with Checkpoint, then restored the edited save to my Switch. Now, each time I start the game, the game starts successfully, I reach the title screen but, immediately when it shows my character, the movement completely freezes. The background music continues but the picture is completely frozen.

I've used pkhex dozens of times in the past across multiple generations of pokemon and have never seen this before. Does anyone have any ideas what edits or otherwise may have caused this? I only did some basic edits to my boxes, added some items and, the one new thing I've never used in pkhex, was to activate all the raids throughout the Wild Area and DLC raids. Would this have caused it?
    I'm using Atmosphere on firmware 11.0.1 SysNAND

2. burhansalih

burhansalih GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I would say activating the raids caused this

Maroualoud likes this.
  3. Maroualoud

Maroualoud Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Je pense aussi que c'est causé par l'activation des raids, il faut en éditer 1/1 pas 12 sur une sauvegarde, sinon ça fige le jeu

4. vgplayer54

Canada
    Hmm...maybe, I will try to edit the save once more and turn off all raids - hopefully this repairs the issue. Will update you soon!

burhansalih likes this.
  5. vgplayer54

Canada
    Success. Unfortunately pkhex had no way of turning off the active raids so I loaded up my backup save (Thank God for the bak folder pkhex makes) and made all my edits a second time, this time without the Raids. It worked! Thank you for your help!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - assistance, Pokemon, freezes