Pokemon Scarlet JKSV transfer to another switch

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a workaround, for whatever reason if I import and export the file in pkhex (even without modifications), I can restore on switch 2. If anyone is interested I can try checkpoint too
Had this same issue with JKSV/Checkpoint, and can confirm that opening and exporting with pkhex works like a charm.

Unfortunately Checkpoint crashes for me. Do you know by any chance what's the internal encoding of pokemon filesaves (i.e.: it's json or just bunch of custom bytes?) If it's something like json I can try to diff to see what changed
I needed to update Checkpoint to 3.8.0, and launch in full ram mode (Hold R and launch a regular game from switch home menu , then it will redirect to hbmenu) Then Checkpoint will launch without crashing.

Reactions: binkinator

TerrorPeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the same problem and solved it by changing the filezilla tranafer option from "automatic" to "binary". I assume you were using filezilla to transfer the saves.

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem and solved it by changing the filezilla tranafer option from "automatic" to "binary". I assume you were using filezilla to transfer the saves.
You have no idea how many times I've had to tell people to do this over the years. Most people are nice, but I've had a few get really pissed at me when this was the problem the whole time.

meshiya334

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have the same symptoms. Where can I change the filezilla transfer option?
Post automatically merged:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)