Hacking Pokemon saves do not transfer from R4 to DSTWO

thehelloman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a DSTWO for my 3DS, as I originally had an R4 for my DS. I transferred all of the data from my R4 to the DSTWO. It seems that all the games read the game saves except for my pokemon games (I want to finish White 2, specifically).

I looked around and found that there is a save converter, but the save for the R4 and the DSTWO, seem to be the same format. Also, I did find this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-white-save-gone-in-dstwo.281528/, but I am not sure what the last person is referred to by "slot 2".

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4's use a slight variation of the typical naming convention for the save files, as you can see now. Don't worry, it catches a lot of people off guard.

And on the flip side, should you ever (for some reason) want to put it back on to your R4, just change it from

Code:
Pokemon White 2.sav

to

Code:
Pokemon White 2.nds.sav

And you should be good to go!

Cheers ;)

Edit - I guess, in reality, everything now uses a slight variation of the naming convention, and the R4 is doing it the original way since it was one of the first major flashcarts to hit the market. I digress, however.

Edit 2 - Also, that Pokemon White 2.SAV that you said was originally there was the save file that the DSTWO automatically created when you booted the rom for he first time. I'm assuming you already figured it out since you claim to have gotten it working, but THAT first one can be deleted safely (Just PLEASE make sure if you are going to delete anything now that you're NOT deleting your current save. I mean, I think it's only a 256KB save so if you choose to play it safe you're not really out any space.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head