Homebrew Pokemon Save Files.

keke_keke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem with both Diamond and Fire Red.

On Diamond, when I edit the save file with Pokesav, the file reverts itself to before the changes when I play the actual game.

On Fire Red, I can convert the save file to play the game on VBA or the flashcart. When I load the file up on VBA, it will revert a couple of saves back, but I can usually get around this by saving multiple times in a row on the DS. However, when I put the save back on the flashcart, it will only load the file as what it was when I last played it on the DS, it simply refuses to acknowledge the progress I made on the emulator, the emulator will even load everything I did, so the file itself isn't changed.

Can anyone help?

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which flash cart are you using for diamond?

if its something like m3- slot 2...

turn it on, let it save. then without playing any new games, turn it off.

take out the SD card, put in the .sav or .dat file or whatever.

boot the game, should work

keke_keke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which flash cart are you using for diamond?

if its something like m3- slot 2...

turn it on, let it save. then without playing any new games, turn it off.

take out the SD card, put in the .sav or .dat file or whatever.

boot the game, should work

I'm using a G6 Lite + Passcard. Your solution seems to fix getting the save onto the PC, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

My problem is that when Diamond/Fire Red are loaded up on the DS, the save files manage to physically revert themselves to before the changes were made on the PC. I can load the file up and see the PC changes before playing the game, but after playing, the changes are gone. This seems to be a problem only Pokemon games have, perhaps they have some weird backup system or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2