Pokemon save deleted

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kamakazie, Jul 1, 2007.

Jul 1, 2007

Pokemon save deleted by Kamakazie at 7:21 AM (1,157 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Kamakazie
    OP

Member Kamakazie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A few days ago, I got Pokemon BR and I went to hop into Diamond for the first time in around a month, but sadly, frighteningly, I didn't get the main menu but instead Dr Rowan giving his new game spiel. My save game was gone!! All those freaking hours lost forever. This is a retail cart, too!

So just now a friend of mine with Pearl did the same thing - hadn't played in a while (actual retail cart), turned it on upon grabbing BR, and his save was gone too. What the hell is going on? I can't help but think if I'd just play on the flash cart I could've regularly backed up my save to save myself this trouble.

We both have G6 Lites but neither of us have messed with the Default -> DS options or anything like that, so what gives? I've come to terms with the fact that my save is gone, I just want to know why this happened.

2. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

HA.......HA

But seriously that sucks. Its as bad as writing a really long email. You jsut spill it all out on the page without even rereading it. You hit send and you realize your damn internet is down. There is no going back. ....Not even with the back button. I feel your pain man, i feel your pain.

3. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thats what happens to pirates
    arrrrr [​IMG]

4. Kamakazie
    OP

Member Kamakazie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol even when we buy the game, apparently

5. Fadakar

Newcomer Fadakar Advanced Member

United States
    This might seem weird but throw it at a wall lol. A looooooooong time ago when I had Asphalt Urban GT I wanted to play after a long while and out of nowhere my save was deleted, so I turned it on and tried again and same thing over and over, out of frustration I threw it at the wall and I heard a click. And when I tried again it worked lol, there might be some chip in the disk with the save and it fell out of place, I dunno, but it worked lol.

6. AishunBao

Newcomer AishunBao Advanced Member

United States
    Wow, that's really messed up. My brother played Pearl on his G6 Lite for 90 hours until it got deleted after putting another game on the cart. After that, he bought the game so he wouldn't have it deleted again.

...If the retail cart deletes itself too, that'll suck.

7. thunder333

Newcomer thunder333 Member

United States
    mine deleted itself too

probly cause i dropped it in a bottle of coke

8. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    If it only says "the save has been deleted due to blabla..." you could try loading the sav file into pokesav, edit something minor, and save it and try again. Ive done that a couple of times, when Pokemans didnt want to accept my save file after i got thrown out of GTS due to connection errors.
    .... If you would have the save file on a flashcard, that is.

9. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    that couldn't be it...

I back up my saves regurly so I can back up me POKeMANs in PokeSav

10. kersplatty

Member kersplatty GBAtemp Regular

United States
    reminds me of my final fantasy tactics gba game :'( :'( :'(

Me and my cousin played so much, linking, trading items and we almost fully completed the WHOLE game and then [​IMG] the cart went corrupt :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

11. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    well i just went to back up my sav files because one of the files on my m3 simply was corrupted (so i was gonna do a format)and tried to back up pokemon and it said file corrupt.....fine.
    i formatted my card and went to look for the sav file which i'd got the older version of on the hard drive and it had deleted that off my hard drive when it said it was corrupt. so i've now lost pokemon for the second time.
    over 55 hours of game play in total is now up the shoot. [​IMG]