RELEASE Pokemon Sacred Sword & King's Shield

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Kobazco, Nov 26, 2019.

1. khaeroup

khaeroup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2013
    Italy
    Why not changing starters types? Something like
    Grass-Rock \ Fire-Fighting \ Water-Psychic

2. MisterPantsEyes

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    Where can I find that No Exp Share Patch?

3. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    Nice going Kobazco! I'd like to try your mod, but my Switch is a Mariko model, therefore unhackable for the foreseeable future.

4. Quixomatic

Quixomatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    How would I apply this mod to a file type supported by Yuzu?

TimboSlice480 likes this.
  5. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    It absolutely baffles me how Game Freak can't understand that their pokemaniac audience that have been playing Pokémon for 10+ years, even two decades, want the game to be challenging. Yet they balance it for 7 year old players and never offer a hard mode.

It always comes down to the fans to make something like this. Thank you as usual for delivering something that won't make me fall asleep from boredom!

DavrosTheta likes this.
  6. darkyy92

darkyy92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    Switzerland
    Zurich
    I have no words to thank you guys for doing this! Thank you so much! I was waiting for such a hack. I just installed it and I'm using it on a "German" mid-game save file. It works for now. Should I delete the save and start over? I just beat the 3rd gym.
    Also, is there a problem with any other language than English?

Last but not least, how can I donate you guys?

Darky

DavrosTheta likes this.
  7. Kobazco
    OP

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Hi, I'm glad you are excited to play our hack. You could start mid save file, but you'd be a bit underlevled. If you're not too far in restarting would be good because you also miss out on any battles that happen before the 3rd gym, which are quite a bit.

There's no issue in other languages other than you won't have any of the custom logos/text changes I made displaying the current version number.

If you'd REALLY like to give us money for some reason, my twitter is linked on the main page, which in turn has a paypal.me in my twitter bio.

darkyy92 likes this.
  8. darkyy92

darkyy92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    Switzerland
    Zurich
    Hi Koabzco,

Thank you so much for answering so quick.
    I guess I'll restart for the joy / experience of battling.

I just donated you $20. More to come if there are some future updates! =)

Kobazco likes this.
  9. DavrosTheta

DavrosTheta Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    New Zealand

I 100% want to donate to this mod!

10. TimboSlice480

TimboSlice480 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    United States
    Although I do have a modded Switch to use this hack, I am also wondering if this will be possible at any point.

Thank you for your work, regardless.

11. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    This thing is perfect, I'm using it on an existing save where there was no challenge and my team just got wiped out in the 3rd gym because my team is really underleveled since I keep changing my team not wanting to overlevel them lol. Plus all of their pokemon know type advantage really well and they all seem to have something in their pocket in anticipation of what pokemon I use.
    Thanks for putting all your hardwork, it's making the game so much more fun! Can't wait for future versions where you change the post-game as well!

Kobazco likes this.
  12. Azevedoxx

Azevedoxx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2015
    Brazil
    Will I have issues legitmacy issues when trading with an original copy of the game on an unmodded switch if I just copy the trainers file? I really just want the difficulty enhancement while possibly trading it to my legal copy.

13. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes you more likely than not will have issues.

14. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    So I will be forced to do raid or grind to keep up with level curves? Can't you do level scaling instead?

15. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    You will not be forced to do raids. If you completely ignore this mechanic of the game that gives you good rewards though, you'll end up a little bit behind. Its very possible to beat the AI while a few levels down, as they aren't exactly perfect.

But I wanted to create an experience that didn't make the player feel bad for doing raids/camping for exp. If you feel as if you're struggling for some reason, you can spend 10 minutes to get your team like 5 levels. I did actual level scaling and it will be tough regardless.

16. Shadow Fyre

Shadow Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    So I noticed there was some changes on the google drive yesterday, including to the zip file. Is there a changelog anywhere?

17. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    We haven't announced anything in terms of the changes because its mostly very minor fixes to things we forgot about. Fixing some minor evolution changes etc while we get ready for the next big version. I should've announced there was a bug fix though, looks like I forgot sorry.

We also added a new detailed list of changes we made to Pokemon.

Shadow Fyre likes this.
  18. Shadow Fyre

Shadow Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2014
    United States
    Thanks, and btw on the main page it mentions "important characters" were improved. Does that mean regular trainers leading up to the post game haven't been changed yet? And if I install and play now it should be okay to update the modhack later correct?

19. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Important trainers have been changed, they just haven't been all given 6 pokemon/made super difficult. Everything up until the post game is completely finished. And yes, updating can always be done at anytime without losing anything.

20. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Is Mega Evolution planned on being reimplemented sometime?

Considering how the Omastar was imported from Let's Go, assumedly the mechanic could be pulled from that too as well as at the very least the Kanto Megas.

Although I have no idea how difficult that might be, but it's just a thought.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted