RELEASE Pokemon Sacred Sword & King's Shield

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Kobazco, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Kobazco
    OP

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    This is something you have to do yourself. I do not provide other/additional mods/cheats. Everything should work fine with my romhack though.

2. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Thanks a ton for this, staying tuned...

I knew I held off on Pokemon for something; this must be it.

simsimsim likes this.
  3. cloud-strife777

cloud-strife777 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Germany
    I tested this sword mod & works great !
    Thx for this for more fun ;)

4. tom8779654

tom8779654 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United States
    Do you need to start a new game for this to function properly or can you continue on an existing save? I've only gotten to right before the first gym.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you need to start a new game for the hack to work properly or can you use an existing save? I'm currently right before the first gym.

5. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    You can start on an existing game, but its recommended to start a new one as your levels and such will not be correct for where you are in the game

6. tom8779654

tom8779654 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United States
    Gotcha thank you! I'll just grind a bit i think, rather not have to go through all the exposition in the beginning haha.

7. Quixomatic

Quixomatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    Any way to apply this to a *.NSP file being used on Yuzu?

8. VexIsRed

VexIsRed Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    Australia
    I would love to see improved menu sprites for pokemon and items. They are quite... yucky compared to lets go. Idk what game freak did but it looks like all the sprites were compressed, they have a-lot of noise and colour leakage. Ill be working on this one myself if your interested

edit: shiny menu sprites would also be quite amazing. And varying menu sprites for different forms and stuff (such as silvally)

Last edited by VexIsRed, Nov 27, 2019
  9. Jeeksoi

Jeeksoi Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    United States
    How are the levels near the end of the game? I thought it was dumb to cap battles in the 50s.

10. Lital

Lital Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Canada
    Castle Schrade
    Great mod from what I've played so far! Though I did get a couple of non-serious bugs. The new area text shows random characters, and the pokedex shows random characters in the Form section.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    so does this romhack allow me to catch every pokemon available in game including if im playing sword I can capture sheild exclusives in sword?

12. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes let me just hire a spriter to redo the official Pokemon sprites AND reprogram the game to have shiny sprites. I'll get right on that.

In case you didn't realize, this is sarcasm and you're asking for waaaaaaaaaay too much.

The currently level curve is subject to change, but as things go you should end up around lvls 80-90 with minimal grinding not counting doing raid battles every once in a while. If you ever feel behind, just take 10 minutes to go clear the available raids.

Yeah I noticed the weird text issues as well. I can't understand why they really happened but they don't seem to effect anything for now at least.

No, not yet. In the future when editing wild pokemon becomes much easier through the use of pkNX, I plan to make it so you can catch every Pokemon in the game.

simsimsim likes this.
  13. Rizyq

Rizyq Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2011
    United States
    There's a Schoolgirl Kayleigh on Route 3 that has a Purrloin holding Black Sludge. Not sure if that's intended, since it just hurts it every turn. Her other pokemon is a lvl 15 Skwovet and she's guarding the Beat Up TM and a berry tree if any of that helps.

14. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Hi for me at least in testing, this is a prankster Purrloin with trick. Sad to hear that she didn't trick the black sludge onto you right away, she did for me.

15. Vel

Vel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2018
    United States
    Does this just modify the game that you have, or is this like an entirely new copy of sword and shield? I'm interested. Mostly just in the missing pokemon and exclusive pokemon being obtainable in each game + items

16. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Hi, please make sure to read the description of the mod, as I explain in detail what is and is not included. This is a mod of the game, as is anything that will be released in this manner. If you want something including missing Pokemon, you're going to have to wait a solid 6 months to a year. As for exclusives/items, I just answered that like 2 hours ago AND have information on it in the main page description.

17. fenomeno0chris

fenomeno0chris GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2015
    Germany
    Keep up the great work!
    Cant wait to get my hands on your next release, where you can catch all pokemon.

Kobazco likes this.
  18. DavrosTheta

DavrosTheta Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    New Zealand
    Thank you so much for this. I really wasn't having fun with Shield at all and was going to throw in the towel. But this has made it so much more enjoyable.

I'm playing Sacred Shield with this mod and "Disable EXP Share" and it makes the game amazing.

Thank you again.

bonoboy likes this.
  19. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Just keep in mind I did not balance this around no exp share, so you might end up falling behind/have to do some grinding. Good luck and I hope you have fun regardless though!

DavrosTheta likes this.
  20. DavrosTheta

DavrosTheta Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    New Zealand
    Grinding is actually a favourite pastime of mine probably because I grew up on NES era JRPGs. It's kind relaxing for me hahaha.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted