Spain
    delete this message please...

Last edited by PabloZ4, Dec 29, 2020
    Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  2. PabloZ4

PabloZ4 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hello Kobazco, thanks a lot for your work, you are a wonderful person :):):)

Please, can you add the follow to the instructions?

Instructions:
    • Download the Pokemon Sacred Sword & Kings Shield.rar in the gdrive folder.
    • Rename the folder in the .zip file to the proper titleid if needed. Sword: 0100abf008968000 Shield: 01008db008c2c000
    • Place this titleid folder in atmosphere\titles "or atmosphere\contents (depends the version of your atmosphere)" or sxos\titles depending on what cfw you use.
    • Launch the game with CFW active!
    • If you want only the trainer edits, go into the romfs folder and delete the folder titled "pml"
    Because I really try the instructions without results... until I saw one post about the mods and the folder of the mods, so, to help new players, if you want, add this lane please :)

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks a lot.
    Pablo.

3. sanderdsz

sanderdsz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Awesome work!
    High hopes for your updated version.

4. ShadowHunter27

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've got custom firmware on my switch. but I can't seem to get king's shield working. Does it work on game card

5. krandyman

krandyman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Super late to the party, really looking forward to completed version.

I am having a problem: I'm playing on yuzu and it works fine on the 1.0 base game EXCEPT that whenever I do a rival fight (hop, marnie, bede, other set battles) the opponent sends out whatever pokemon is first in MY party. And then when I attack, the battle is instantly over and results in a win. Alternatively, if it is a double battle, the game locks up and I have to reset.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: Just finished the first gym. The bug doesn't seem to affect gyms, only the periodic "rival" battles with hop, marnie, and bede (so far). Not sure yet if it affects other set battles like Rose. Thanks in advance

Edit 2: After leaving the city with the first gym, the problem now happens with every trainer and its unplayable :(

FINAL EDIT: Going to leave this up for anyone experiencing the same problem. The solution is to go into the RomFS folder and delete the "message" folder. This completely fixes the issue without changing anything within the game that I can tell. Hope these ramblings helps someone out. Cheers

Last edited by krandyman, Jan 21, 2021
    DarkLordDemaar likes this.
  6. Luxmoa

Luxmoa Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Soooo update?

krandyman likes this.
  7. Kobazco

OP Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Both developers are busy with work and school so I can't say anything other than we figured out what we wanted to do ideas wise and how to implement them for a lot of things but haven't had time to start implementation

Andrezin0692 likes this.
  8. Magnus2314

Magnus2314 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Does this mod have verison exclusive Pokémon?

9. Luxmoa

Luxmoa Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply. Listen man no worries. I get that this is passion project, you have a life, and there are more important things. You don't even have to be doing this and you certainly don't owe us anything. Though, if you don't mind, can you update us with what's happening every month or so? Just like a sentence "working on it", "haven't started yet", stuff like that. Even if the status is still the same. I know a lot of us are really excited to play this hack because of your past work. I'm sure when you get around to it, it'll be worth the wait.

Kobazco likes this.
  10. Slorac25

Slorac25 Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Kobazco I wonder if it´ll be possible to include the uniforms in the gym leaders, thank you for your time

Last edited by Slorac25, Feb 22, 2021
  11. Kobazco

United States
    Happy Pokemon Day!

I plan to hopefully get quite a bit of work done as soon as I have some free time as school, although that might take as long as waiting for my spring break. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of the big stuff we started work on/theorized at the start of this year.

• All EXP candy from raid rewards are being replacing by "wing" items based on the raid type. This is meant to provide an easy way of EV training, as well as prevent the insanely easy grinding the Sword/Shield enables.
    • Raid Rewards will also include items such ability capsules, patches, and nature mints (although on the rarer side)
    • Easy access to ability patches and capsules means some Pokemon might now have 3 potential abilities, etc.
    • Repurposing unused abilities for new unique Pokemon. Some fun examples we thought of was taking Protean and renaming it "Genetic Instability" and giving it to Eevee in order to make Gmax Eevee/non evolved Eevee builds a thing. Also distributing unused abilities where they make sense, such as giving Bellossom Dancer.
    • The full removal of healing items from the game, by changing them into various normally unobtainable Pokeballs, etc. (Cherish, Park, Sport Balls, etc)
    • X Items turned into items that lower your Pokemon's EVs. Example, X Attack becomes Attack Down, lowers Attack EVS by 10.
    Of course, item research was my biggest focus back at the start of the year, and I do wish I documented things more so I don't have to go off of memory when I come back to this. But all above are our ideas that are REASONABLE and will definitely make it into the final product. As in, we've already done most of them to some extent.

venom19910 likes this.
  12. Maxwellkiwi

Maxwellkiwi Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks for the update looking forward to it
    Take care

Kobazco likes this.
  13. Kobazco

United States
    Another small update.

I got Pokemon Sword working on Yuzu, which means its a LOT easier for me to try out the changes I make rather than turning off my switch and taking the SD card out everytime.

Also, I figured out how to move medicine items to the "Other Items" pocket, so I won't be changing them into pokeballs anymore. Potions and such will still exist, they just will not be usable in items.

I also got X Items to successfully be EV reducing items, so I'm going to work on Pokemon changes next.

EDIT: An image featuring said changes
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Kobazco, Mar 1, 2021
  14. Legend Of Kay

Legend Of Kay GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Is there going to be like a “basic” version that’s just similar to the original release? Like just say if you’re only interested in harder opponents with full teams, better level curve and in-game trade evolution solutions like what is mentioned on page 1 (as well as region exclusives available in both games?) but not interested in all the other stuff you’re adding/changing eg items not being usable, raid rewards changes etc will there be a version that supports just that? Or is that too much work?

15. Kobazco

United States
    I'm really not 100% sure on it all yet, but here are my thoughts on this:

• Without modified raid rewards, exp candies will always ruin the intended level curve. This is true in base SwSh and is entirely reliant on the player having restraint etc.
    • Because of this, I can't ensure a challenging experience
    • There are already separate mods that edit trade evolutions etc.
    • There are also already separate mods that make version exclusives catchable in either game.
    My goal here is to make a difficulty romhack originally inspired by Blaze Black/Volt White, and more recently Radical Red. Of course, I can't fully match it (stuff like modifying the EXP formula and catch levels are beyond me).

So I hope you understand when I say my personal goal with this romhack is to either go all in, or not at all. For people that want to be able to do trade evos without trading, or catch version exclusives, there are already mods out there that do that. In terms of harder trainer battles, stuff like the Major Trainer Overhaul exists already. So sorry, I think basically my answer is no.

Legend Of Kay likes this.
  16. Legend Of Kay

Legend Of Kay GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    that’s cool dude I completely understand. Make the romhack want!

17. Kanasuke

Kanasuke Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hi Kobazco any chance you can write instructions on how you got it working on yuzu? havent been able to find anyone who's figured out how. this wud be much much easier for me than playing on the switch >.<
    ty in advance

18. Kobazco

United States
    To use mods in Yuzu, you simply need to right click the game you want to use with mods with, then click "Open mod location"

Put the romfs for the mod you're using in a new folder in the folder it takes you to, and then it should work.

19. sanderdsz

sanderdsz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So good to see the project getting updates again.
    Keep the good work @Kobazco !

Kobazco likes this.
  20. Kobazco

United States
    Just as a small update report:

Raid Rewards have finally been edited meaning early closed beta testing has finally begun! :)

Also we're going to be removing double team and sand attack from all movesets.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Kobazco, Mar 9, 2021
    sanderdsz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, Sacred, Shield