Pokemon Sacred Sword & King's Shield

swsh.jpg

NEW ROMHACK RELEASED - DO NOT USE SACRED SWORD/KING'S SHIELD

BETA RELEASE V. 1, By Kobazco & Phives, with help from Drayano
Works for both Sword & Shield
NO POST GAME
YES, YOU NEED A MODDED SWITCH
Follow here for updates (Twitter)
THIS ROMHACK IS CURRENTLY BEING ENTIRELY REWORKED. AS SUCH, THIS CURRENT VERSION/ROMHACK IS NOT SUPPORTED PAST SWORD/SHIELD 1.0, AND NO UPDATES WILL MADE. I AM USING THIS THREAD TO SHOWCASE UPDATES ON THE REWORK, WHICH WILL BE A MUCH MUCH MORE INDEPTH EXPERIENCE. PLEASE BE PATIENT UNTIL THE REWORK COMES OUT.

NOTICE: I likely will not be updating this mod to work with new patches until all of (or maybe just one of) the DLC is out. When the DLC releases, we will have a LOT more Pokemon to work for in terms of team building and editing wild Pokemon. With that in mind, I hope everyone looks forward to the DLC. Until then if you want to use this mod, please make sure you are on the base version of the game.
Context time! I made popular (But not too indepth) romhacks for SM & USUM, most notably Rising Sun & Waxing Moon. However, this time, things are different! This time I bring to you all a fully featured difficulty hack. Hundreds of Pokemon have had their Hidden Abilities made easily obtainable, stats buffed, abilities buffed, and enhanced movesets! For all of these changes & more, see the gdrive folder with the download and all documentation.

Changes:
  • All important trainers have 6 Pokemon and and are much more difficult. (Hop begins to have 6 after the 1st gym)
  • Important trainers also have manually changed movesets, abilities, natures, and even IVs and EVs assigned. They also have the smartest AI assigned to them.
  • Level curve expected to naturally provide you with high level Pokemon. Trainers will have Pokemon around and usually slightly higher leveled than that of your own. (GROSSLY SUBJECT TO CHANGE, PLEASE RELAY TO ME WHAT THE LEVEL CURVE IS LIKE IN YOUR EXPERIENCE. THIS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE AN INSANE AMOUNT OF GRINDING)
  • Hundreds of Pokemon have had their stats buffed, hidden abilities made available, and enhanced movesets. Some even have type changes, or completely new abilities available.
  • Evolution methods changed for trade Pokemon. See documentation.

jRHP7uO.jpg
UtJcbL0.jpg
OO0B6aG.jpg

Videos:

Disclaimer & Important Information
  • The post game is currently unedited.
  • The wild Pokemon are currently unedited in terms of level and where they appear.
  • This has been made in mind with the exp share enabled and usage of Max Raid battles to gain exp candies. If you are falling behind in levels, go to the wild area and grind on raids. The no EXP share patch is completely optional and this hack was not made with it in mind.
  • This is a first beta release, please give any and all feedback, especially on the existing level curve.
  • I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BANNED CONSOLES. OBVIOUSLY DO NOT PLAY ONLINE WHILE USING THIS ROMHACK.
Instructions:
  • Download the Pokemon Sacred Sword & Kings Shield.rar in the gdrive folder.
  • Rename the folder in the .zip file to the proper titleid if needed. Sword: 0100abf008968000 Shield: 01008db008c2c000
  • Place this titleid folder in atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles depending on what cfw you use.
  • Launch the game with CFW active!
  • If you want only the trainer edits, go into the romfs folder and delete the folder titled "pml"
Credits:
  • Kurt & SciresM for creating & updating pkNX
  • Phives for doing the majority of the work on the implemented Pokemon changes.
  • Drayano for allowing us to use this Renegade Platinum changes and provide guidance when asked.

Last edited by Kobazco,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! With the release of the first DLC, I'd thought I'd repost my thoughts about my plans for future romhacks here:

Sacred Sword & Shield will likely continue to be abandoned in favor of a new, more indepth romhack after the Crown Tundra releases and we've had time to plan.

This romhack, while I think we did put good effort into it, was way too rushed. If we're going to return and update it, I'd much rather have it be after all DLC is out, so we can use as many Pokemon as possible. Even after the DLC is all out, we plan to take our time with development.

I might release some other romhacks in the meantime though, like allowing Isle of Armor pokemon to be caught outside the DLC areas for people who don't own the DLC.

Thanks for understanding everyone and I hope the DLC is fun!

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! With the release of the first DLC, I'd thought I'd repost my thoughts about my plans for future romhacks here:

Sacred Sword & Shield will likely continue to be abandoned in favor of a new, more indepth romhack after the Crown Tundra releases and we've had time to plan.

This romhack, while I think we did put good effort into it, was way too rushed. If we're going to return and update it, I'd much rather have it be after all DLC is out, so we can use as many Pokemon as possible. Even after the DLC is all out, we plan to take our time with development.

I might release some other romhacks in the meantime though, like allowing Isle of Armor pokemon to be caught outside the DLC areas for people who don't own the DLC.

That really sucks honestly especially with how easy the isle has been ive been really looking forward to your update oh well :(

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That really sucks honestly especially with how easy the isle has been ive been really looking forward to your update oh well :(
The isle itself would be difficult for me to balance because of the weird way it scales/you'd be able to go to it at anytime.

I never said the Isle won't eventually get updated by me, its just that if it does it won't be until after Crown Tundra is out so I can do everything at once as a complete package.

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Meanwhile i think it would be interesting if you could find a way to enable following pokemon outside the isle of armor, since its currently locked to that area.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm

darn, was looking forward to this. oh well.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that people may have been looking forward to us updating for the Isle of Armor, and we still may very well do so depending on time.

But I'd appreciate it if you all remembered that Phives and I are humans who don't have all the time in the world to work on an update to come out within a week.

I hope you all will support our future endeavors in making an even greater romhack then this.

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that people may have been looking forward to us updating for the Isle of Armor, and we still may very well do so depending on time.

But I'd appreciate it if you all remembered that Phives and I are humans who don't have all the time in the world to work on an update to come out within a week.

I hope you all will support our future endeavors in making an even greater romhack then this.
It wasnt an issue were you at least planning on finishing the postgame soon?

RPGWiZaRD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new to Yuzu as I've finally gotten a fast enough computer I'd like to try it with and wanted to replay Sword on Yuzu together with this mod but I'm having issues with saving, it just freezes. Any ideas why that is, I've seen people commenting on using this mod with Yuzu so. I've already started the game without the mod and played it to roughly first gym so ideally I'd just continue with the same save file if that's even possible, otherwise I'll just restart.

The problem seems to be it creates a new save dir everytime in yuzu\nand\user\save\0000000000000000, if the mod isn't loaded saving works just fine (uses the correct folder) but if enabling the mod it always starts from the beginning and I'm unable to save (just freezes upon attempting to do so). Any ideas what's the problem here?

EDIT: I can add I now also tried a different mod that makes similar changes and that one had no issues with saving and was able to also use my previous save file, weird!

Last edited by RPGWiZaRD,

Iggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to Yuzu as I've finally gotten a fast enough computer I'd like to try it with and wanted to replay Sword on Yuzu together with this mod but I'm having issues with saving, it just freezes. Any ideas why that is, I've seen people commenting on using this mod with Yuzu so. I've already started the game without the mod and played it to roughly first gym so ideally I'd just continue with the same save file if that's even possible, otherwise I'll just restart.

The problem seems to be it creates a new save dir everytime in yuzu\nand\user\save\0000000000000000, if the mod isn't loaded saving works just fine (uses the correct folder) but if enabling the mod it always starts from the beginning and I'm unable to save (just freezes upon attempting to do so). Any ideas what's the problem here?

EDIT: I can add I now also tried a different mod that makes similar changes and that one had no issues with saving and was able to also use my previous save file, weird!

I haven't tried it in Yuzu but it's worth noting this mod is only designed to work with the base game, not any updates - so if you're using Sword/Shield version 1.2 or something that could be why you're having issues.

RPGWiZaRD

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried it in Yuzu but it's worth noting this mod is only designed to work with the base game, not any updates - so if you're using Sword/Shield version 1.2 or something that could be why you're having issues.

Yea I forgot to mention I'm using the base game only and yea I checked it said v1.0 supported only. Latest Yuzu public update as of 23rd June (was the same with the previous version too, was suspecting a build issue and possibly a Patreon nightly build could work better but then again it was the same after Yuzu started updating itself yesterday)

Last edited by RPGWiZaRD,

JonnyDros

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Kobazco, absolutely love your work and am really excited for the new final project once all the DLC comes out. Question, are you planning on making changes that modifies move attributes/power? I know that was doable with previous ROM editors but wasn't sure if PkNX allowed that yet.

JamesWorthy63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I placed the Shield: 01008db008c2c000 folder into atmosphere/contents, and everytime I try to load up Shield it tells me "The software was closed an error occured" and forces the app closed. Granted I am using a more recent update of Shield (with the gala-slopoke appearance), it shouldnt affect the game from loading right?

Once I took that folder out of atmosphere/contents, the game worked fine again. Anyone know this fix?

Last edited by JamesWorthy63,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys I placed the Shield: 01008db008c2c000 folder into atmosphere/contents, and everytime I try to load up Shield it tells me "The software was closed an error occured" and forces the app closed. Granted I am using a more recent update of Shield (with the gala-slopoke appearance), it shouldnt affect the game from loading right?

Once I took that folder out of atmosphere/contents, the game worked fine again. Anyone know this fix?

that is the reason because its only compatible with the basegame (1.0.0)....the newer versions broke it (unless its updated for the specific version)

Reactions: JamesWorthy63

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou