ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

spencerchestnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a quick guide for setting this up for use on citra? I'd really love to try out this ROM but I'm very computer illiterate and don't know what I'm doing. I'd love any help I can get!

whatever202020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great job with the hacked gym leader teams with stealth rock skarmory. However, the encounter table is terrible. 2 hours looking for a noibat only to encounter lunatones and solrocks.Riolu spawns on occation and druddigon is a replacement for zubat. Dunno whats the reason behind this? to keep strong pokemon behind a rng spawn trap where u can never get them? cause thats weird giving into account dragonair is obtanaible with a good rod. So i dont get it. How on earth did u programmed this? Same with gible on the desert, same with talonflame . Its annoying. Might as well put a encounter % on the image above.

Vesly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just finished beating the elite 4, this hack was super fun - waaay better than the usual games. Actually a challenge at times, though sadly the AI is still pretty easy to abuse.

I played the 679 build and primarily used Togekiss, Blissey, and Slowbro (Mega). All obtainable early on, with two of them using Yawn which the AI doesn't switch out from made it too easy overall. After the 7th gym badge with Slowbro gaining calm mind, there was no real challenge anymore. I imagine there might have been a couple taunt users, but slowbro had Oblivious anyway pre-mega. I admit I relied on a bit of luck before that with Blissey with +6 evasion from 3 minimizes, but boosting stats was clearly the easiest way to destroy the opponents. My +speed Togekiss could yawn something, then I swap to a sweeper and that's game. There were a few opponents that would toxic me or whatever, but I wasn't limiting myself against using in battle items.

If you're strapped for cash/exp early on, you can pretty easily chain a bunch of happiny's in route 1 to find some lucky eggs if playing 679. I found 9 lucky eggs in an hour trying this out.

Bug fix: For some reason pressing on the map during Star Sapphire (bottom screen as part of the pokenav) crashes my 3ds. Also, sometimes rematches with trainers will display an empty text box - whatever they're supposed to say is missing.

I'll be playing the post-game stuff through now, and I'll definitely try out your Sun Moon hack. I might replay star sapphire again with some sort of challenges to make it harder. Stat boosts and item use trivializes it too much.

Great job with the game hack! Thanks so much for doing it.

Kenni_Rainseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a thought regarding the outfits. What if, instead of both characters having the same color outfit, the protagonist has the outfit matching the version, while the rival has the opposite?

For example, in sapphire, your character has the blue outfit while your rival has the red one.

Just to spice it up so they don't look the same?

also, could the trainer's PSS icon/save icon be changed to match the new outfits?

But if you're not updating this anymore, can anyone tell me how I can change ONLY my rival's outfit back to normal red, but keep myself blue? (I'm playing as a girl and my rival is brendan if that helps, and I installed with the drag and drop method)

Last edited by Kenni_Rainseeker,

Argon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know if anyone still plays this rom hack, but the game keeps freezing whenever I enter route 115 from Rustboro City. Is there a way to fix it?

PR3D4TOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

@Dio Vento

The documentation/strategy guide does not say anything about it but are all trainers/important trainers/bosses pokemon EV trained in SS/RR and Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality