ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why u want to rebuild a cia file... the hack is still WIP, "romfs + legit cia in sysnand + menuhax" combo is better:D
The last time I used HANS, I wanted to take screenshots while soft resetting for shiny legendary Pokémon. The console would freeze with black screens when attempting to perform an SR. This was very inconvenient. I assumed the issue would occur when playing a digital copy through HANS just as it did when playing a physical copy through HANS.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last time I used HANS, I wanted to take screenshots while soft resetting for shiny legendary Pokémon. The console would freeze with black screens when attempting to perform an SR. This was very inconvenient. I assumed the issue would occur when playing a digital copy through HANS just as it did when playing a physical copy through HANS.
well..... I don't have that problem:D

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.3 Released
Features a couple of trainer team bug fixes and the addition of GBATemp user Acryt to the Hall of Fame aboard the S.S. Tidal.

Nabocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 1.3 Released
Features a couple of trainer team bug fixes and the addition of GBATemp user Acryt to the Hall of Fame aboard the S.S. Tidal.
Vento, I can't start your mod using HANS... DO you know if there's some compatibility problem with N2DS?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v1.3
Japanese: "blood ruby" on the in-game main screen

does your hack include any type of text modification?
I want to merge the hack with a translated version....

Nabocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally I started my rutile ruby play! I found the problem: If you have a save in a non-english language, you can't start this mod.

It would be nice if you clarify that point on your post :)

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if I want to play those 2 hacks. I am forced to stay on version 1.0 on my original ORAS games?
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just wondering if I want to play those 2 hacks. I am forced to stay on version 1.0 on my original ORAS games?
or if you know how to merge those files with update patch and convert into .cia install package, then you can have both 1.4 and the rom hack. (downgrade your 3ds first...)

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've been having a lot of fun with this hack so far, it's incredibly hard to nuzlock but oh so entertaining. I was wondering however...
I have a legit copy of ORAS (eshop, not installed on my 3ds because I changed memory cards) and am playing this hack as an installed .cia file. Is there any way to get this save file/the pokémon obtained in the Rutile Ruby hack to my copy of ORAS? Are the save files shared, or Pokébank an option?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a lot of fun with this hack so far, it's incredibly hard to nuzlock but oh so entertaining. I was wondering however...
I have a legit copy of ORAS (eshop, not installed on my 3ds because I changed memory cards) and am playing this hack as an installed .cia file. Is there any way to get this save file/the pokémon obtained in the Rutile Ruby hack to my copy of ORAS? Are the save files shared, or Pokébank an option?
The save files probably aren't shared between a pirate CIA and an official eshop install. I don't think pokebank works with pirate CIAs, but you could simply use svdt to back up your RR/SS save file and your OR/AS save file and use PKHeX to copy your pokemon from RR/SS to OR/AS.

Reactions: kraan

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
The save files probably aren't shared between a pirate CIA and an official eshop install. I don't think pokebank works with pirate CIAs, but you could simply use svdt to back up your RR/SS save file and your OR/AS save file and use PKHeX to copy your pokemon from RR/SS to OR/AS.

Hmm I'll try to find out how that works. Thanks a bunch :)

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Does this have all 720 pokemon available? I am assuming it doesn't because I did a search in the thread and couldn't find the answer, but I figure I will ask.

Thanks

All post Elite 4 pokémon are in the game from the start, and trade evolutions are possible without trading, but that's about it. Every pokémon in this hack is 100% legit if I'm not mistaken, so there are no pokémon that you can't find in ORAS.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.
Can you trade with a legit game that is fully updated (retail cardridge) with this version?

vishmarx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
which one of these is supposed to be easier, this or sinking sapphire?
im actually loving the variety in the latter, also , non restricted evolutions.
ive played it a bit... its forcing me to grind a little but nothing i cant handle.
but people tell me mods from that guy are really really hard... i dont want to become borderline unplayable later on

DarthSully

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Romhack of: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire are romhacks of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that you level up very quickly. You should be hitting Level 100 by the time you get to the Elite Four.

OSZvocE.png
DIFHDb0.png
qIgVRuf.png
dflVZCc.png
UTEgg5r.png
itlTqJb.png
kxuRzXN.png
9bw8vqQ.png
oa3OBwr.png
RFok7U0.png
TWsazNa.png

Trainer Changes
view spoiler for detailed changes
  • Harsher Level Curve: Balanced to the EXP Share!
  • New Trainer teams, many featuring six Pokémon! Even the rematches have been edited!
  • All Gym Leaders have six Pokémon!
  • Trainers throughout the game have access to Mega Evolution!
  • Alternate Battle Types are more common in the world!
  • The level curve is drastically steeper. The game is balanced around use of the EXP Share, which allows for explosive growth. For example, the average level for Wattson’s team is Lv41. The player is expected to hit Level 100 at around the eighth Gym badge. Disabling the EXP share is not recommended.
  • While grinding is always possible, the curve is such that you’ll be approximately even with (or slightly under) all enemy levels if you complete the optional content such as side routes. You might have some level problems if you skip too many trainers.
  • Conversely, you might find yourself overleveled if you use the Lucky Egg, Experience Gain O-Powers, and/or the Trade Bonus.
  • All trainers’ teams have been changed to provide greater challenge. This isn’t just a global “level buff”, each team was individually created. They often have very different Pokémon than in OR/AS. Rematches have also been completely changed, with all Rematch trainers eventually getting six Pokémon.
  • All Gym Leaders have six Pokémon. Starting with Wattson, they also each have a Mega Evolution.
  • Trainers battled throughout the game might also have Mega Evolutions.
  • Ace Trainers, except those in Gyms, will all carry six Pokémon and often a Mega Evolution.
  • Double Battles are more common in the world.
  • Rotation, Triple, and Horde Trainer battles are found in the world.
  • Throughout the course of the game, you’ll see every fully-evolved Pokémon in the teams of enemy trainers. You’ll also see every Mega Evolution.
  • Since you can’t just rely on being overleveled, it is recommended to EV train your team using Super Training or Horde Training. The hack makes it easier to do these methods in the early game.

ouG8Kt1.png
W44cktO.png
ES4Xulc.png
3MPzOIe.png

Wild Pokémon Changes
  • Post-game Foreign Pokémon are available from the beginning of the game!
  • Rarity within areas adjusted
  • Hordes optimized for painless and early EV training!
  • Lots more Wild Hold Items!
  • Everything caught in these hacks is 100% legit for trade!
  • Wild encounters for each map are the ones usually unlocked post-game. You won’t need the DexNav to find them. Levels have not been changed for Wild Pokémon. This means that anything caught within Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire is completely legitimate and trade-ready.
  • Naturally “rarer” species in areas have had their rarity adjusted. Zigzagoon, Wingull, and friends now occupy the rarest encounter chances, and the more unique, fun Pokémon like Absol and Ralts are now as common as a Zigzagoon or Linoone would have been.
  • Horde encounters are optimized to allow painless and early EV grinding. Other Hordes have also been changed.
  • Speed: Route 101 Zigzagoon (100%)
  • Special Attack: Route 102 Ralts (100%)
  • HP: Route 103 Shellos (100%)
  • Attack: Route 104 Chatot (100%)
  • Defense: Route 105 Sewaddle (100%)
  • Special Defense: Route 116 Eevee (100%)
  • Wild Hold Items are more common in the following ways.
  • Every species is now capable of holding at least one item in the wild.
  • Every species that has a Mega Evolution in its line has a 50% chance of holding its Mega Stone in the wild.
  • Magikarp holds Heart Scales 50% of the time. It holds Gyaradosite 6% of the time.
  • The six Power Items are available early on for ease of EV training. They are found 50% of the time attached to the following Wild Pokémon.
  • Zigzagoon (Power Anklet)
  • Whismur (Power Weight)
  • Wurmple (Power Lens)
  • Geodude (Power Belt)
  • Poochyena (Power Bracer)
  • Tentacool (Power Band)
  • Pokémon that evolve through use of a hold item have a chance to hold that item in the wild.

m1MKDmk.png
ozEi1Nh.png
FhxQvsP.png
p6rruhB.png

Item Changes
  • Less useless junk in Poké Marts!
  • Sacred Ash available in addition to Revive. Revives cost much more, to discourage their use in battle (Sacred Ash is unusable during battle).
  • Competitive consumables are available in standard Poké Marts!
  • Slateport Market is now the go-to place to purchase competitive items like Leftovers and Life Orbs.
  • Standard Poké Marts no longer stock Antidote and other single-status relief items or Repels less than the Max Repel.
  • Full Heal is available from the beginning.
  • Sacred Ash is available for P1000 after obtaining the second badge. Sacred Ash functions as a Max Revive for the whole party, but cannot be used in battle.
  • Consumable competitive items like Focus Sashes, Sitrus and Lum Berries, and Weakness Policies are available in standard Poké Marts. They may need a certain number of badges to unlock.
  • Premier Ball is now available in Poké Marts.
  • Honey is available in Poké Marts for P50. This will allow you to Horde Train without using Sweet Scent.
  • Prices of certain items has been adjusted, sometimes drastically. Only some price changes are listed here.
  • All Poké Balls and Repels cost 90% less.
  • All Vitamins cost P125.
  • Revive now costs P20,000. This is so that using Revives (in the form of Sacred Ash) outside of battle is perfectly fine, but using a Revive in battle to cheese a fight is something with a serious cost attached to it.
  • Full Restore now costs P7,000. The reasoning behind this is the same as behind the Revive. Unless you’re using it in battle, there’s no reason to use it over a Max Potion (or a couple Hyper Potions) and a Full Heal.
  • Slateport Market and other special shops now sell competitive items. Notably, the Leftovers, Eviolite, Rocky Helmet, Expert Belt, and Life Orb (among others) are available from the Incense Girl in Slateport City.
  • PP Up and PP Max are available in the Lilycove Department Store.

PzrcZm3.png
wSSwPQG.png
moQONcu.png

Evolution Changes
view spoiler for evolution methods
  • Trade Evolutions now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through their normal trade methods.
  • Boldore Evolves into Gigalith at Level 42.
  • Clamperl Evolves into Gorebyss when leveled up holding a Deep Sea Scale.
  • Clamperl Evolves into Huntail when leveled up holding a Deep Sea Tooth.
  • Dusclops Evolves into Dusknoir when leveled up with a Reaper Cloth at night.
  • Electabuzz Evolves into Electivire when leveled up holding an Electirizer.
  • Graveler Evolves into Golem at when leveled up holding a Hard Stone.
  • Gurdurr Evolves into Conkeldurr at Level 42.
  • Haunter Evolves into Gengar at Level 36 at night.
  • Kadabra Evolves into Alakazam when leveled up holding a Twisted Spoon.
  • Karrablast Evolves into Escavalier when leveled up holding a Shed Shell.
  • Machoke Evolves into Machamp when leveled up holding a Black Belt.
  • Magmar Evolves into Magmortar when leveled up holding a Magmarizer.
  • Onix Evolves into Steelix when leveled up holding a Metal Coat.
  • Phantump Evolves into Trevenant when leveled up knowing the move Forest’s Curse.
  • Poliwhirl Evolves into Politoed when leveled up holding a King’s Rock.
  • Porygon Evolves into Porygon2 at Level 47 or when leveled up holding an Up-Grade.
  • Porygon2 Evolves into Porygon-Z when leveled up in New Mauville or when leveled up holding a Dubious Disc.
  • Pumpkaboo Evolves into Gourgeist when leveled up knowing the move Trick-or-Treat.
  • Rhydon Evolves into Rhyperior when leveled up holding a Protector.
  • Scyther Evolves into Scizor when leveled up holding a Metal Coat.
  • Seadra Evolves into Kingdra when leveled up holding a Dragon Scale.
  • Shelmet Evolves into Accelgor when leveled up holding a Focus Sash.
  • Slowpoke Evolves into Slowking when leveled up holding a King’s Rock.
  • Spritzee Evolves into Aromatisse when leveled up holding a Sachet.
  • Swirlix Evolves into Slurpuff when leveled up holding a Whipped Dream.

Other Changes
  • Eggs now hatch incredibly quickly. Every species now has a 1-cycle hatch rate. Note this doesn't apply to Event eggs or Traded eggs.
  • Level 3 of the Hatching, Experience Gain, Friendship, and Money Gain O-Powers now last much longer.
  • Brendan and May have new outfits/designs.
  • Banners, Icons, and the Title Screens have been edited.
b2TLR29.png
OWVN1vm.png
ADlZl47.png
TNisxl3.png

Installation Instructions

• IF USING HANS AND *HAX 2.5 (HOMEBREW) ON A <10.2 CONSOLE (NO GATEWAY)
  • {Requirements: N3DS/3DS on firmware 10.2 or lower with Homebrew Launcher installed, Retail OR/AS (Cartridge or eShop)}

• Install Homebrew on your 3DS. A console on version 10.2 or lower is required, and there is currently no way to install Homebrew on 9.9-10.2 unless you already had Homebrew.
  • Click the banner at the top of this thread or the link at the bottom to download the .zip file for the hack you want to play.
  • Copy Braindump to your 3ds homebrew folder and use it to dump your retail (cartridge or eshop) copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
  • Use "RomFS Extractor.exe" in Asia81's Hacking Toolkit to extract the romfs.bin file generated by Braindump. Rename the romfs_ folder to romfs.
  • Copy the romfs folder from the Distribution .zip to the Pack Hack folder. Let it overwrite everything.
  • Run "RomFS Builder.exe" and point it at the "romfs" folder, save the resulting file as "rruby.romfs" for Omega Ruby or "ssapphire.romfs" for Alpha Sapphire. Note it's rruby and ssapphire.
  • Open "rruby.romfs" or "ssapphire.romfs" in a hex editor (I recommend HxD) and delete up to line FF0. The region you are deleting should start at the first line and end here. Save and exit HxD.
  • Copy the contents of the HansPack folder to the root of your 3DS SD Card.
  • Copy your "*.romfs" file to sd:/hans. NOT sd:/3ds/hans!
  • Boot homebrew, click on the Star Sapphire or Rutile Ruby launch banners, and enjoy your game! You'll need to delete your existing save if you want to start a new adventure, so back it up with Save Data Manager. Do not delete your save with a save manager! Delete it from within the game itself otherwise it will become corrupted and not boot!

• IF USING A GATEWAY 3DS FLASHCART ON A <9.2 CONSOLE
  • {Requirements: N3DS/3DS on firmware 9.2 or lower, Gateway 3DS Flashcart, OR/AS .3ds ROM}
  • Uninstall any OR/AS updates you have installed on your 3DS.
  • Click the banner at the top of this thread or the link at the bottom to download the .zip file for the hack you want to play.
  • Obtain a .3ds ROM of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. I can't help you here, try Google or use Gateway/CFW (9.2 or lower only) to rip your retail cartridge. Don't use any "Online Patched" (.3dz) ROMs.
  • Decrypt your ROM. We'll be using this method and these tools. I recommend using the rxTools (no xorpads) method. You can also do this with a .cia ROM if you prefer to use .cia files.
  • Unpack your ROM using HackingToolkit.bat. Enter "D" (no quotes) and tell it the name of your ROM file. Your ROM file needs to be in the Pack Hack folder.
  • Drag the files in the "Distribution" folder you downloaded into the Pack Hack folder. Let it overwrite everything. If your "Distribution" folder doesn't have an "exe" folder, you have an old version of the ROM hack and need to redownload.
  • Open 3DS Builder.exe and click "Open Romfs", select the romfs folder inside the Pack Hack folder.
  • Do the same for "Open Exefs", choosing the "exe" folder. Say "Yes" when it asks if it should compress code.bin.
  • Click "Open Exheader" and choose the "DecryptedEXHeader.bin" file that is in your Pack Hack folder.
  • Choose your save location and click Go.
  • Copy your newly patched ROM (whatever you chose to name the output in the previous step) to your flashcart.
  • Load your ROM with your Gateway Flashcart on your 3DS with firmware lower than or equal to version 9.2.

• IF USING CUSTOM FIRMWARE ON A <9.2 CONSOLE
  • {Requirements: N3DS/3DS on firmware 9.2 or lower, Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time 3D, OR/AS .cia ROM}
  • Uninstall any OR/AS updates you have installed on your 3DS.
  • Obtain a .3ds ROM of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. I can't help you here, try Google or use Gateway/CFW (9.2 or lower only) to rip your retail cartridge. Don't use any "Online Patched" (.3dz) ROMs.
  • Decrypt your ROM. We'll be using this method and these tools. I recommend using the rxTools (no xorpads) method. You can also do this with a .cia ROM if you prefer to use .cia files.
  • Unpack your ROM using HackingToolkit.bat. Enter "D" (no quotes) and tell it the name of your ROM file. Your ROM file needs to be in the Pack Hack folder.
  • Drag the files in the "Distribution" folder you downloaded into the Pack Hack folder. Let it overwrite everything. If your "Distribution" folder doesn't have an "exe" folder, you have an old version of the ROM hack and need to redownload.
  • Follow this guide to rebuild and install the modified ROM as a .cia file.
  • Don't update the game when prompted.
  • Enjoy!

Notes
  • Any retail cartridges in the "Requirements" area can be replaced by a Sky3DS cartridge, but a Sky3DS cartridge cannot run Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire directly.
  • This game (and most 3DS ROMs) stores its save file inside the .3ds file. If you change or delete the ROM from your Gateway, you also lose the save file. If you're running this with HANS, it will use your regular OR/AS save file. To back up your save file when using a Gateway, use SaveDataFiler.cia (Google is your friend). To back it up on a homebrew setup, use Save Data Manager (included). Do not delete your save with a save manager! Delete it from within the game itself otherwise it will become corrupted and not boot!
  • It's pronounced "Ru-teel".
  • The first three people to beat the second run of the Elite Four will have their teams immortalized in the trainers on the S.S. Aqua. They will also get a custom name.
  • This ROM hack is capable of trading locally, but it can't go online. If using Hans to load the game, you can just run the game normally (from the 3DS System Menu) to play with updates active and online play enabled.
  • Don't update the game when it prompts you to. If you update, you'll lose features.
  • Text has been edited for the English language only.
  • This is NOT designed for Nuzlocke play. It's meant to be challenging by itself without the players imposing their own rules on themselves, and a Nuzlocke will lead either to early failure or incredibly tedious grinding. And grinding can only get you so far: the Elite Four are all Lv100 and packing six Pokémon. Boss battles play out almost like competitive matches, with them often revenge killing you, setting up, or pulling out surprise moves. This almost guarantees that a player will have at least one or two of their Pokémon faint, which is fun in regular play. Not so much when it means you have to grind up an underleveled Wild Pokémon.
  • Replacing members of your team shouldn't be too difficult in non-Nuzlocke situations, however, as long as you swap it into lots of fights.
Special Thanks/Credits
  • Kaphotics: for creating the stellar PK3DS.
  • SciresM: For making everything possible and coding the tools that form the base of PK3DS.
  • Asia81: For your excellent tutorial on decrypting, unpacking, and repacking 3DS roms.
  • Reisyukaku: For Ohana3DS, which allowed me to edit the title screen and the costumes for Brendan and May.
  • Pokefreak2112: For teaching me where the title logo files are.
Let's Plays
Message me if you're doing a YouTube playthrough of these ROMs! I'll feature you in this section!
Change Log
Current Version: v1.3
  • Added GBATemp User Acryt to the Hall of Fame, replacing Sailor Phillip on the S.S. Tidal post-game.
  • Fixed Tackle Magneton in Wattson's Gym.
  • Fixed Glacia's first team pulling two Pokémon from Phoebe's first team.
  • Included Change Log in distribution packages.
Version 1.2
Version 1.1
  • Fixed Item-based Evolutions for Clamperl, Electabuzz, Graveler, Kadabra, Karrablast, Machoke, Magmar, Onix, Poliwhirl, Rhydon, Scyther, Seadra, Shelmet, Slowpoke, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
  • Fixed missing ♂♀ symbols on Name Entry screen.
  • Changed folder structure to better allow use of 3DS Builder.
Version 1.0
  • v1.0: Initial Release
  • Changed "rom" folder name to "romfs" to match the Decryption Tutorial Pack. You don't need to re-download the distribution pack, just rename the "rom" folder to "romfs" before copying it into "PackHack".

Bugs
  • Title Screen isn't edited in some languages
  • Horde, Triple, Rotation, and some Double trainers have empty text bubbles when spoken to - Currently unfixable, but only a cosmetic bug

Are the pokemon caught here legal? As in legit pokemons?

vishmarx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
someone help me out here, exactly how hard is this rom?
im using another one(sinking sapphire) and its hard as balls, i had 3 pokemon at lv20+ by the time i beat the first gym and the remaining 3 are 15 +.
i have a feeling its gonna become unplayable down the road...

is this one easier than that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2