Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dio Vento, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Echoed_Voice_(move)
    Get this move, its one of the only TMs available prior to the first gym. Spam this on shuckle, don't use a move that is super effective on him or it will swap out. One shot the rest of the team with it.
    I had to do with Marshstomp because of the Lileep having storm drain, or lots of grinding.

Last edited by Acryt, Nov 9, 2015
  2. kraan

kraan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Merowe
    Sadly, in my experience, there is no training available prior to the first gym (except beating all the trainers you encounter). If your type matchup sucks, or if you're underlevelled, you're going to have to grind wild pokémon, which will take a while.

I was able to clear the first gym with Combusken alone, stock up on potions, Flame Charge to outspeed your enemies and doublekick them all (':

After the first gym you can re-battle other trainers which will significantly increase your ability to level up lower pokémon/your entire team. Best of luck.

3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I still haven't gone to a pokemon center, and I haven't caught any pokemon, as my starter Combusken is way too strong. After multiple failed attempts at the first gym, at least a dozen tries, I won and am at level 27! I'm liking this so far.

4. Slasher115

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    Im playing star sapphire as steven and i changed him into brendan, cant wait to see him at dewford

5. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Anyone having luck w/ adding Update 1.4 w/ this? (to atleast to where it doesnt break the romhack.)

6. Nakura_

Nakura_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    when i try to load Pokémon rutile ruby through hans just gives me a black screen I'm on 3dsXL 10.2 OOThax.

7. iHumpPillow

iHumpPillow Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Netherlands
    When I boot up Star Sapphire I get the default HANS window asking me what region to play it in etc,etc. Should I be getting this window?

8. ItalianG62

ItalianG62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    So I don't know where I went wrong but I got to Slateport City and the incense girl is still selling incense and not the battle items and i noticed that the market isn't selling like the Sacred Ash and the Full Heal but is still selling items like the Antidote and Paralyze Heal though the price reduces on Poke Balls and Repels are a thing. (Figured I'd just mention that I'm running it through HANS on 10.1. If anything I think I might have messed up when trying to get the Busty May Mod going along with it) Any sort of help on this would be greatly appreciated.

9. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Eghhhh, I trained the wrong stuff and Roxanne is steamrolling me

10. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    You have the incorrect code.bin, or not one at all.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Try getting echoed voice TM and set it scaling off the shuckle.

11. bragas

bragas Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2015
    Some days ago i beated the second run of e4, the hardest thing was the zinnia battle, i was playing with random wild encounters and i had to search for an aegislash lel. Great hack

12. ItalianG62

ItalianG62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Alright thank you since it turns that was the problem after all and it's going to make my life so much easier when I'm playing through this

13. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    What's the simplest way to update the patch from 1.2 to newest update(if we have one)?:shy:

14. doctorgoat

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    I defeated Roxanne by swapping into nonhacked mode and dunking the poor Pokemon.

I could not find a place to train or anything. Please add a place later. ._. Like maybe the Whismurs in the tunnel could be bumped up to 13ish?

15. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Echoed voice didn't work? Should be able to kill shuckle in like 6 turns with it and the next poke will get swapped into an 120 powersih attack.

16. doctorgoat

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Echoed Voice can go up to 200 power which isn't saying a lot when it's against stuff like that Lileep that's strong against it and selfhealing.

17. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I was using Marshstomp and it was level 27 by the time I eventually was able to beat Roxanne. Echoed voice cheesed it because lileep was guaranteed swap into the 200 attack.

18. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    My Blaziken made it to 37 by the time I beat Brawly. And I still haven't caught another pokemon, and I think I have to cheat, or hack in False Swipe. I'm just killing wild pokemon left and right.

19. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    You get falseswipe in the pokemart of the 2nd gym, or 3rd.

20. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Crap, I looked it up, it's given by a man at a pokemart in Rustboro City. I have to go back there now...