Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Music Restoration Project

speedyartoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post this here since people seem to like Nintendo and Pokemon.

I recently got an SC-88 Pro, and aside from using it to make some music, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it: using MIDIs that were ripped from the game with GBA Mus Riper, I was able to modify them to playback correctly on the SC-88 Pro (which the music was originally made on), resulting in what I guess is best described as "HD" versions of the soundtrack. This means that, instead of 8-bit at whatever sampling rate the GBA uses, these instruments are in 32khz 18-bit, with the FLACs exported at 16-bit 44khz.

This results in much cleaner music that sounds better than it did on the GBA, and even better than playing the ripped MIDIs back with their appropriate SF2 since none of the instruments are compressed.

Here's a list of the current available tracks and notes:

Littleroot Town - Due to a lack of a proper square wave sound on the 88 Pro, I used P5 Square with some resonance and cutoff filters to try and make it as "pure" as possible. The same goes for every subsequent track.

Verdanturf Town - SequenceSaw2 used in place of square waves here.

Oceanic Museum

Gold & Silver Saffron City

Wild Pokemon Battle

Trainer Battle

Route 113

Route 110 - The infamous Hoenn Trumpets are actually French Horns. MIND BLOWN

There's a lot more to come, and I hope to get the whole soundtrack done at some point

Last edited by speedyartoria,

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post this here since people seem to like Nintendo and Pokemon.

I recently got an SC-88 Pro, and aside from using it to make some music, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it: using MIDIs that were ripped from the game with GBA Mus Riper, I was able to modify them to playback correctly on the SC-88 Pro (which the music was originally made on), resulting in what I guess is best described as "HD" versions of the soundtrack. This means that, instead of 8-bit at whatever sampling rate the GBA uses, these instruments are in 32khz 18-bit, with the FLACs exported at 16-bit 44khz.

This results in much cleaner music that sounds better than it did on the GBA, and even better than playing the ripped MIDIs back with their appropriate SF2 since none of the instruments are compressed.

Here's a list of the current available tracks and notes:

Littleroot Town - Due to a lack of a proper square wave sound on the 88 Pro, I used P5 Square with some resonance and cutoff filters to try and make it as "pure" as possible. The same goes for every subsequent track.

Verdanturf Town - SequenceSaw2 used in place of square waves here.

Route 110 - The infamous Hoenn Trumpets are actually French Horns. MIND BLOWN

There's a lot more to come, and I hope to get the whole soundtrack done at some people.
Ooh!
Do other games!
Like Phoenix Wright!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1