Hacking pokemon retail cart save question

CFallenleaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im not a noob. I know right now there is no way to backup and use your retail save unless you used it in classic mode. Now two questions I have is(and it may be answered. I didnt find it if it is. My bad.)

1. When you backup the pokemon game the save gets backed up too right, Its not like the other games where you have to actually dump the save?

2. Now if gateway fixes the save thing(the 128kb 516kb file size) will it then be possible or am i just having some wishful thoughts there?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So im not a noob. I know right now there is no way to backup and use your retail save unless you used it in classic mode. Now two questions I have is(and it may be answered. I didnt find it if it is. My bad.)

1. When you backup the pokemon game the save gets backed up too right, Its not like the other games where you have to actually dump the save?

2. Now if gateway fixes the save thing(the 128kb 516kb file size) will it then be possible or am i just having some wishful thoughts there?
1. yes the save is stored inside the rom, there is a tool to extract it if you want to keep it for save keeping in the community saves thread

2. no the save size issue is a different issue that effects card1 games, the actual issue with retail saves is that gateway doesn't have proper 6.x save encryption...if they fix 6.x save encryption it would be usable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛