Pokemon Red Hack - Pokemon Pale Red

SUDoKuNa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I plan to hack Pokemon Red into a copy of Pokemon Black and White.
I have not yet started, and this project may never be finished, but It's just something I'll try to do.

I have not much skill in hacking territory, and as such may not be able to add all 156 Pokemon. I will be shortenning the list to the 151. The Pokemon that will be removed are: Coballion, Terrakion, Virizion, Deerling and Sawsbuck. The musketeer trio because there isn't another trio that I could put them in, and Deerling and Sawsbuck because there isn't any ability to add seasons into the game.

The Gym Leaders/Elite 4. The town's names will not be changed. This is basically a 'what if' scenario. 'What if Kanto had Unova Pokemon instead. The sprites will also be changed.

I do not yet have the hacking tools I need, but here is a list of what I will need/get:
Text Editor
Sprite Editor
Trainer Name Editor
Wild Pokemon Editor
Trainer Pokemon Editor
Something that can change town names

I will start this hack soon. Please give criticism about this idea.

D

Deleted-236924

Seems like you'll actually have to learn how to hack roms, isn't that great? :)

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the level of hack. Agreed that most are simple "change starter" or "different items in shops" mods and not hacks in the 'clever' sense of the word. Those are more like the "quick buck, intellectually lazy" hacks in the literary sense. I remember how involved the old NES and SNES game hacking were, as well, BTW. ROMHacking and related forums and IRC channels rocked when people were figuring out the SNES games!

Since there's source code of a remade version of Red, why not just go help them upgrade it to support 16-bit types and the new moves and such?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM