Gaming Pokemon Question

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can somebody give me a quick explanation as to what it means when the signal bars on the upper right hand corner of the C-Gear are lit?
I'm not in an area with Wi-Fi, and the C-Gear hasnt picked up any other players.. so why are these bars lit up? Its really confusing me
unsure.gif

does it mean that there is a player nearby, or what?

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JetBlckHrt said:
To what? Wi-fi, or another DS?

Most likely WiFi. My C-Gear is staying off until I get my retail copies of Black and White tomorrow. For all we know it could be sending info to Nintendo so they can round up all the pirates in the world.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
JetBlckHrt said:
I actaually have My DS for 4 years and I still don't get it lol. I understand the Wi-Fi connection but another DS? How in the world could you measure that in bars??

it's just how strong the connection is to the other ds. Generally, moving further away means a weaker connection, thus less bars and turns red.

OP: If you are not connected to anything but have wireless communications turned on then the ds can still scan. While it is like this it will always show a full connection (even though it's not connected)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Wizzerzak said:
AlanJohn said:
JetBlckHrt said:
I actaually have My DS for 4 years and I still don't get it lol. I understand the Wi-Fi connection but another DS? How in the world could you measure that in bars??

it's just how strong the connection is to the other ds. Generally, moving further away means a weaker connection, thus less bars and turns red.
This is a lol... I live In a place where the nearest DS is like 2 miles away (I live in a SONY town) And the bares are full lol...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are not connected to anything but have wireless communications turned on then the ds can still scan. While it is like this it will always show a full connection (even though it's not connected)

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its not showing a full connection though... it like varies from 1 to 2 bars of signal.. what does this mean? :B its so confusing

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
JetBlckHrt said:
Its not showing a full connection though... it like varies from 1 to 2 bars of signal.. what does this mean? :B its so confusing

hmm... if it's varying then you must be connected to something. Are there any unlocked wireless hotspots near you? (check in the ds' wi-fi settings)

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, absolutely no access points in range according to my DS... I'm generally not a noob with this, but this is really confusing

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats what I was thinking... but if they were playing black/white, surely Id pick up their gamer info?
Is it possible that they are just playing a different game, and my DS is just picking up the other DS?

Kronau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This confused the crap out of me. I took the bus today and right before being on the bus I got the C-gear I was connected litterly the entire trip on the bus. I only lost connection once the whole time for about two seconds. it jumped up and down like a jack russle terrior. I was the only person on the bus I got no trainer info from anything and there was for shure no wifi since im only connected to my houses wifi. This shouldint even be physicly possable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs