Homebrew Pokemon Prism GameYob Crashes When Printing Caught Pokemon Infomation

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I Print A Pokemon I Have Not Caught Yet It Works Fine But When I Print A Pokemon Say Like Larvitar Or Cyndaquil The Game Gives Me A err 03h And I Do Not Know What The Issue Is!

D

Deleted User

I Do Not Know That Question I Think

The print function is intended to be used with the Gameboy Printer - that error is likely intentional in the way that since there is no printer attached (or, the emulator can't even interface with it) it spits out an error. There's no reason the emulator (or any emulator) would have that functionality anyways.

Reactions: jockep

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The print function is intended to be used with the Gameboy Printer - that error is likely intentional in the way that since there is no printer attached (or, the emulator can't even interface with it) it spits out an error. There's no reason the emulator (or any emulator) would have that functionality anyways.
Ok Thanks

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also please stop with the big letter at the start of every word lol.
What he means is, this should be, for example:
When I print a Pokemon I have not caught yet, it works fine, but when I print a Pokemon, say like Larvitar or Cyndaquil, the game gives me a err 03h, and I do not know what the issue is!
instead of:
When I Print A Pokemon I Have Not Caught Yet It Works Fine But When I Print A Pokemon Say Like Larvitar Or Cyndaquil The Game Gives Me A err 03h And I Do Not Know What The Issue Is!

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Would You Even Want To Use The Gameboy Printer? It Really Was Unnecessary Even In The Base Games.

You Can Tell This Is Very Annoying.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the earlier builds it was already brought up, it'll crash in any emulator regardless if the emulator supports the print function or not. the actual print function is dummied out in the game. if you ask in their bug discussion in the discord server your one to get laughed out for using gameyob, 2 for trying to use an dummied function 3 using a 3DS in general, the only thing that they half approve of us the GBC VC and even then its known to cause bad Pokemon Cries @Glitchmaster123

Edit: and i dont think Gameyob emulates a RTC if it doesnt its known and a patch is on the works (albeit low priority) but if it doesnt do not use Pokemon box 1 & 8 if you value what goes in there. (its a known bug on devices that dont have or emulators that dont support teh real time clock)

Last edited by Dracari,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

What he means is, this should be, for example:

instead of:

tl;dr Don't capitalize all of your words.

I Know That But I Just Can Not Help It Sorry...

Are you typing on a phone? If you're on Android, you could try finding a different keyboard (though I haven't heard of keyboards that capitalize each word...)

Anyways, the feature was meant to be used in conjunction with the Game Boy Printer (see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Printer). The 3DS lacks any capabilities matching that of the Game Boy Printer, so obviously, this feature couldn't be emulated. You can easily avoid this issue by choosing not to print Pokedex Info whenever you catch a Pokemon.

D

Deleted User

Edit: and i dont think Gameyob emulates a RTC if it doesnt its known and a patch is on the works (albeit low priority) but if it doesnt do not use Pokemon box 1 & 8 if you value what goes in there. (its a known bug on devices that dont have or emulators that dont support teh real time clock)

I've never heard of that before; what exactly happens when you do have Pokemon in either box? I never realized the real-time clock had anything to do with any Pokemon boxes.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you are using something like a EverDrive GB to play it + linked with a GameBoy Printer on a actual GameBoy, this thread is completely unnecessary. Attempting to use the printing feature on a emulator is completely useless. Especially one on the 3DS for that matter.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of that before; what exactly happens when you do have Pokemon in either box? I never realized the real-time clock had anything to do with any Pokemon boxes.
it was recent in thier Bug-discussion chat channel that trying to find why some people using an everdrive were having boxes 1 and 8 randomly corrupting boxes (MissingNos/glitchmon garbage data the like). they tracked it down due to the lack of a RTC (i only sit in thier discord server as i can keep a quicker eye on Updates as i only have bug discussion and the resources # channels unmuted)

Reactions: Deleted User

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who Cares How Someone Else Types? Is It Annoying? Yes, But No One Is Making You Read It.

Making someone type how you want is more annoying than the people who type like that. If you don't like it skip the damn thread rather than spam it with how one should type, regardless of if it's correct or not. This isn't English class, it's GBATemp.

What's next, telling foreign people their English sucks and their Grammer is annoying? C'mon! Either deal with how people type or don't even read the thread.

Reactions: Wind47
D

Deleted User

it was recent in thier Bug-discussion chat channel that trying to find why some people using an everdrive were having boxes 1 and 8 randomly corrupting boxes (MissingNos/glitchmon garbage data the like). they tracked it down due to the lack of a RTC (i only sit in thier discord server as i can keep a quicker eye on Updates as i only have bug discussion and the resources # channels unmuted)

Huh. That's really strange - I can't think of a reason the clock would be needed for any box. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Glitchmaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Who Cares How Someone Else Types? Is It Annoying? Yes, But No One Is Making You Read It.

Making someone type how you want is more annoying than the people who type like that. If you don't like it skip the damn thread rather than spam it with how one should type, regardless of if it's correct or not. This isn't English class, it's GBATemp.

What's next, telling foreign people their English sucks and their Grammer is annoying? C'mon! Either deal with how people type or don't even read the thread.
I Know! I Do Not Know Why People Complain About My Typing!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Grab build 0179 to prevent Box Corruption @Kyouken @Glitchmaster123
That Should Work But Do I Have To Upgrade The Save For It To Work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This usually happens when you use Shift alot in games and other stuff.
Well, i would love to help ya but i don't even own a 3DS.
No Its Fine You Tried!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed