Pokemon Presents Reactions, New DS Lite Function Found, State of Play & more - Tempcast #28

tempcast-169-logo-png.246523

In this week's episode we discuss the recent State of Play presentation from Sony, as well as the possibility of more PlayStation exclusives coming to PC. Next, we talk about the recent achievements in the homebrew and hacking community, specifically the "release" of Dinosaur Planet's N64 beta, as well as the DS Lite's newly found TV out function. Afterwards, we briefly mention EA's decision to scrap the "games as a service" model following Anthem's failure. Finally, we give our reactions to the Pokemon Presents announcements, including our thoughts about Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl's controversial art style.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't care for the Playstation State of Play. It was even more underwhelming than the last Nintendo Direct.

Glad that EA are backing off on making Dragon Age a multiplayer experience and non-live service, but who knows how long they'll stick to this decision in regard to their other properties?

I don't particularly mind the art style of BD/SP, but I do share the sentiment of it looking rather lazy and that it's supposed to be a "faithful remake." If they don't at least add anything new to the game, I will be disappointed.

My biggest fear with Legends: Arceus is that it will be the Pokemon equivalent of Dynasty Warriors 9 where it was open world gone wrong with horrible assets and glitches, given the footage we saw looked very pre-alpha. In the least, they still have time to polish it, so I really hope my worries prove to be unwarranted.

Last edited by Delerious,

traceswagger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good that there's no more Let's Go games, although I see no reason to buy BD/SP - which, based on their wording, will be just a reskin of the original games - when I could just play Platinum on the DS. Eh, hopefully Legends turns out good.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good that there's no more Let's Go games, although I see no reason to buy BD/SP - which, based on their wording, will be just a reskin of the original games - when I could just play Platinum on the DS. Eh, hopefully Legends turns out good.

Let's go is basically the easy Pokemon game for young kids, like Pokemon Yellow was but targeted to four to five year olds. They also wanted to make something based on the mobile App. Eventually the Pokemon Go App will die and ten years for now someone will figure how to hack the game to add any Possible Pokemon you can have in Let's Go and make it appear legit because it supposedly came from Pokemon Go mobile game.

This is nothing really new. Gen 2 had the phone thing in crystal, Gen 3 had the e-reader cards; the DS games had so many event Pokemon it was insane and the 3DS games had the barcodes or whatever you call them.

Last edited by raxadian,

traceswagger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's go is basically the easy Pokemon game for young kids, like Pokemon Yellow was but targeted to four to five year olds. They also wanted to make something based on the mobile App. Eventually the Pokemon Go App will die and ten years for now someone will figure how to hack the game to add any Possible Pokemon you can have in Let's Go and make it appear legit because it supposedly came from Pokemon Go mobile game.

This is nothing really new. Gen 2 had the phone thing in crystal, Gen 3 had the e-reader cards; the DS games had so many event Pokemon it was insane and the 3DS games had the barcodes or whatever you call them.
Very true! Although I would argue that the 'gimmick' in Let's Go was much more of a change to the formula than any of the others. But yeah, it was just that, a gimmick, and it looks like it was (thank god) a one-time thing.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LG was more to entice Pokemon go players to the real Pokemon games it was just a bridge for new players who play pokemon Go nothing more, besides it's safer than getting hit by a car or falling off a cliff :rofl2:

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Bouncer would be a great Sony exclusive to come to PC.

Since streaming games is a losing business, look at Stadia, porting them it is.

Turns out that unless is an Online Only Game, people are not willing to buy a game that will disappear when the servers for it are taken offline permanently.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since streaming games is a losing business, look at Stadia, porting them it is.

Turns out that unless is an Online Only Game, people are not willing to buy a game that will disappear when the servers for it are taken offline permanently.
But that’s what I was thinking. The Bouncer would be a great online game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over