1. 4,517

Front-page
    EyUdUGh.png

They have Pokemon news, and we want Pokemon news, according to The Pokemon Company. The official Twitter account for the series is teasing an event being held soon, called Pokemon Presents, which will kick off tomorrow on June 17th at 6 am PDT. The Tweet itself is fairly vague, only mentioning Pokemon news in general, while the Japanese account offers a bit more detail, stating that (according to Google Translate) the stream will feature 11 minutes of new information about the Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass. Be sure to tune in, or check back and see our coverage when the stream goes live.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (60 replies)

3. SkeletonSmith

SkeletonSmith subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube

United States
    oh man i love final fantasy ! hope they reveale another !

supershadow64ds and MyLegGuy like this.
  4. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are gonna announce more content that should've launched with game. Sweet.

5. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    boy I sure do love consumer entitlement assuming that just because the company is the problem means that they themselves aren't ALSO the problem

Dartz150 likes this.
  6. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    what time is this in new york

7. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    9, I believe (if PDT is the west coast)

8. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    Take it as a rant or whatever but I'm fed up with thid expansion pass bullcrap.
    We've had enough. We are aware now and know what the expansion pass is about. Can we jump over to diamond/pearl remakes.
    I've had enough of this DLC being shoved down my throat by gamefreak.

Last edited by NoNAND, Jun 16, 2020
    StrayGuitarist, Japermen and Peloisan like this.
  9. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Calling me problematic for expecting more out of a $60 game when games that released on psp level hardware had twice the content and were cheaper to begin with? Nah im just entitled dude.

10. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    So no Smash?

banjo2 likes this.
  11. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    already been revealed by ambassador streamers that there is going to be at least 3 more passes that unlock two more dlc areas each. Diamond and Pearl remakes are probably not happening any time soon. Remember GameFreak is still an indie size studio

MarcusCarter likes this.
  12. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Well, the amount of content Sword and Shield released with certainly didn't justify the price tag of 60 bucks when compared to previous entries of the series that had a launch price of 40. There was nothing wrong with delaying the games so that they'd release in a complete state and not this "We'll add what's missing sooner or later and might charge you for some of it" state. People rightfully complained about that when Assassin's Creed II came out (in that case crucial story content was admittedly cut and released as DLC) and people will continue complaining about greedy tactics like that.

That being said Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have already gone that way, which were what Sun and Moon should have been from the get go. But they were sold for the price of their original counterparts. The only difference is that if you hadn't already bought Sun/Moon and got US/UM, you still paid 40 bucks for the whole experience. Nowadays you might even get the impression that Sun/Moon are obsolete. Sword and Shield, however, require you to pay for both the game and the DLC in order to let you get all they have to offer.

Peloisan likes this.
  13. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    ...yyyeah this is true, but for a franchise as large as Pokemon you would think Game Freak (or Nintendo. Or The Pokemon Company) would start expanding them so that more content can be made (Nintendo should've realised this with the Breath of the Wild development) The fanbase remains huge but there's only so many times they can get away with releasing a little/charging a lot before it backfires on them: and if you're correct with the 3 more passes/2 areas, well that time will be coming sooner rather than later in my opinion...

14. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can't believe there's no new news about MOTHER 3. They didn't even mention it at the smash tournament SMH my head

15. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    6 areas...3x2=6.....because kids today refuse to learn math

16. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Japan

Where is the sauce

17. KooPako

KooPako GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pokemon is the most profitable franchise to date, don't say it like they own a lemonade stand
    If the remakes don't get announced for next year it will be entirely because GF realizes making dlc is cheaper and more profitable

Last edited by KooPako, Jun 16, 2020
    DrHouse1337 and mightymuffy like this.
  18. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    I mean you're not wrong but people are seriously exaggerating things here.
    This is basically them saying "ok you want a third version with more content? here." and actually prioritizing the people that bought the game so that you don't have to pay double just for the expanded content.
    Plus... the price jump is because it's no longer a handheld-only title but a full triple A main console one. Blah blah it doesn't look the part blah blah, even reusing models doesn't make it fundamentally as easy to produce as the previous ones.
    Besides... all this bullshit is basically just due to the Pokemon Company rushing GameFreak. The devs themselves aren't at fault.

19. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    The use of the '/' in this instance doesn't mean I thought only 2 areas does it :lol: - next time I'll type a bit... more... slowly... for you and add 'each with 2 areas'? However you want to twist it, 3 more expansion passes = drip feeding = fanbase eventually getting too annoyed about it.

20. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    You really needed to make a post asking someone to do the time conversion for you, rather than just doing it on your own? :lol:

21. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    well golly when you put it like that, don't i feel silly! and wouldn't you know, i dont even live in new york, i live close to old york! well this has been an ordeal!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, tomorrow, Pokemon