Pokemon Presents June 24th - "online team battle game" Pokemon Unite announced

What mysteries could the Pokemon series have to show us, in today's Pokemon Presents event? Following directly upon the other "Presents" that took place a few days ago, whatever this reveal is, The Pokemon Company considers it "a big project", so come find out what it is, when the stream begins at 8am CDT!

It begins with a trailer going over the history of how Pokemon has impacted people, by letting them battle, trade, and play together, in both TCG and video game form. The first "Pokemon Team Battle" game is here in Pokemon Unite. Tencent will help with the release of this game while TiMi Studios will assist in development. The goal for the game is to be an easily accessible coop Pokemon game for anyone to pick up and play. It'll have two teams of five Pokemon in each fight. For every wild Pokemon you defeat, your chosen Pokemon, that begins at level 1, will level up and learn new moves, or even evolve. It's free to play, and will be on mobile and Switch, with support for cross-play.

Gameplay is shown, where players pick their favorite Pokemon, ranging from Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Snorlax, and more. They're all in their pre-evolved forms except Lucario and Snorlax. When scoring on the opponent's side, the Squirtle evolves into Wartortle. You can destroy goals to stop opponents from healing. This is pretty much best described as a Pokemon MOBA.

The launch information will come at a later date.

That's a wrap.

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ItLooksFine.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You'd think at this point Craptendo/Game Fucks would've learned to sometimes google "what's the more popular game genre nowadays".
Unless in japan the internet takes a looooooooooooooooooooooong time to load up stuff that's recent for us.

Reactions: Moke3

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon is like WWE it was once good but due to bad writers and bad decisions the series is basically not even good anymore. I actually tried to be legit although I did buy a used copy of Pokemon SW and due to the $10 credit on my account I actually purchased the DLC. To my delight the DLC "isle of armor was bullshit" I would never buy another DLC again so thanks Gamefreak you really f***ed that up.

For the MOBA pokemon game this is more meaningless than the SW/SH dlc... How are they going to say there are no type advantages when pokmeon is based off of type advantages... They might as well call it pocket monsters. The fans are super upset I saw the dislike button and this is a good thing if people want things to get better they gotta let projects like these flop and stick together as the consumer... If people just keep supporting the BS they will never change until they see their pockets hurting.

D

Deleted User

Because there’s a lot of minor quality of life things that could make playing through them more fun. Plus, how badass would it be to see Sinnoh in 3D, on the Switch? But I don’t really expect it to be a thing for quite some time.
i dont know, i get frlg and hgss, because rby and gsc were pretty bad, oras felt unnecessary because rse are still good, im afraid its very likely it will be the same with sinnoh, could be wrong tho

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know, i get frlg and hgss, because rby and gsc were pretty bad, oras felt unnecessary because rse are still good, im afraid its very likely it will be the same with sinnoh, could be wrong tho
I feel like it’s not a necessary thing, but it would be a good thing. However, they wouldn’t be worth playing if it was a situation like Let’s Go, where they nerf into an unrecognizable pile of fuck. There’s a lot of room for failure, and a lot of room for success. And with how GameFreak/The Pokemon Company has been acting lately, it seems way more likely they’d fuck it up somehow.

P.S. Nice Mariah PFP.

Last edited by StrayGuitarist, , Reason: Added the P.S. part.
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I feel like it’s not a necessary thing, but it would be a good thing. However, they wouldn’t be worth playing if it was a situation like Let’s Go, where they nerf into an unrecognizable pile of fuck. There’s a lot of room for failure, and a lot of room for success. And with how GameFreak/The Pokemon Company has been acting lately, it seems way more likely they’d fuck it up somehow.

P.S. Nice Mariah PFP.
maybe the sinnoh remakes would fix the missing dex and a 3rd version(pokemon gun lol) litterally every other problem, thanks for the compliment

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
why do you want remakes of already great games?
DP are not great games. Platinum is. The flaws on Diamond and Pearl versions are super annoying to the point that made revisiting them a bad idea. Platinum really fixed gen 4.

With platinum in mind I agree with every single word you said, we dont need a remake, specially when we see how awful the current games look. Gen 4 deserve better.

(Just imagine if they reuse Hao/Hop body movements and proportions to Barry, so please GF, leave gen 4 alone for some more years.)

snobbysteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of people are mad that this was the "big surprise", which I understand, but I could see this being fun. They just can't make it too basic, cause that will ruin it. I will give it a try when it comes out for sure.

chromthelitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I was into MOBA games... I don't trust TenCent with my data.

Yes it is kind of a whomp whomp that the big surprise they teased us with at the end of last week's Nintendo Direct is a freemium mobile MOBA.

Hardcore Pokemon players aren't exaaaaactly the cooperative type? 5v5 cooperation seems nightmare-esque. I am sure there is crossover but the mainline games are single player or multiplayer with a 1v1 focus (in terms of 1 human versus 1 human). Even Pokken or TCG is still 1v1.

So yes I think a Pokken or Sinnoh remake or long rumored Let's Go Johto was expected... (I have no exact preference. Just saying general community wants.)

Though to be fair I don't think they will announce a SwoShi successor (not a let's go but a sinnoh remake or etc) until the expac is firmly worn its welcome in the Fall. They probably don't want to distract folks from the expac.

Personally? I would have loved some virtual console even-if-i-have-to-pay straight ports of older titles (with Home support if I can dream) that are harder to find or just bootleg roms on chips coming straight from china. It wouldn't be New but it would be Good considering the markup on old cartridges.

Last edited by chromthelitten,
D

Deleted User

DP are not great games. Platinum is. The flaws on Diamond and Pearl versions are super annoying to the point that made revisiting them a bad idea. Platinum really fixed gen 4.

With platinum in mind I agree with every single word you said, we dont need a remake, specially when we see how awful the current games look. Gen 4 deserve better.

(Just imagine if they reuse Hao/Hop body movements and proportions to Barry, so please GF, leave gen 4 alone for some more years.)
I definitely could have phrased it better, but yeah, Platinum is good as is, it's a shame the servers are down and people can no longer do online play (without resorting to wiimmfi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.