Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    You had a childhood, right?

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    pearl was my first game, y my second, and I haven't been able to commit to getting far much less beating another pokemon game since I beat those 2

Scott_pilgrim and BLsquared like this.
  3. VartioArtel

VartioArtel GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hear hear! The Chibi on DP remakes is a taste thing, you either love it or you don't. But I hold out that they're still improving Framerate for Legends Arceus. As someone else said: THIS is the shit we EXPECTED Sw&SH to be!

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Damn, you're young, lol. My first game was literally the first game, Red on Gameboy. I was in the 8th grade when they came out here in America.

Scott_pilgrim and Xzi like this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I stopped playing Pokemon games for quite a while after Gold and Silver, so I don't have any nostalgia for Diamond and Pearl. As much as this is a prime opportunity to play through them for the first time, I think I'm still more interested in Legends Arceus. Overworld battles should've been added ages ago.

6. NitroTears

NitroTears Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I get the sinking feeling that they wont, based on all the criticisms that SwSh had in it's initial trailer that were not fixed even to this day. (Things like the graphics/tree textures)

7. VartioArtel

VartioArtel GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I did say 'hold out'. Not 'believe'.

Xzi and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  8. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    I dont care for pokemon games anymore. WAY too easy. was fun in my pre 20's

Rafciu, pandavova and rob4 like this.
  9. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    I'm actually glad for both the D/P remakes and the prequel. Pearl was my first game as well (I got into the series late), so I'm really excited to go back to having a Luxray main. And getting a totally new game set on the same place, but with new mechanics? I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, but I'm excited for that.

PS: love that Shinx was in the video so many times lol. I kid you not, Shinx was my "real" starter in those games; I caught him first and oh boy he was my pal forever.

Last edited by BLsquared, Feb 27, 2021
  10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    For People that dont get why people are hating on the dp remake style its easy lets see

fire red and leaf green used gen 3 ruby and saphire gba engine and graphics for the remake

heart gold and soul silver used gen 4 graphics(platinium) for the remake

omega ruby and alpha sapphire used x and y engine and graphics for the remake

brilliant diamond instead of using sword and shield graphics and engine for a full 3d look went back to gen 4 graphics but in 3d instead of sprites so... meh and gamefreak didnt even do it themselves, they just chose a company that did a random pokemon sleep app do it for them, they didn't even bothered and outsourced it.

So its easy to see why people are upset, instead of using current gen engine/graphics they just went back just turned the sprites in 3d without doing much work and made everything into chibbi.

11. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Unfunny

United States
    You answered your question in the second part, because it's pokemon

12. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    I never did, personally; what I'd have liked was a Sinnoh remake, or in other words remaking the best version of Sinnoh - Platinum.

13. Dinomite

Dinomite Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm pumped for the release of Pokemon Snap more than anything else. Way overdue, I still beat the N64 game every couple of years. The mechanics of finding ways to take interesting pics should be fun.

14. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ahh yes my history with Pokémon It's been a long 22 years lol (I'm 29) I'm not really a fan of the D/P series but I did like Cyrus

PK R/B/Y - I had beat Yellow
    PK G/S/C - I had beat Crystal
    PK R/S/E - I had beat all 3
    PK LG/FR - I had beat fire red
    PK D/P/P - I had beat Diamond and Platinum (I didn't like the game too much)
    PK B/W/B2/W2 - I only beat Black
    PK HG/SS - I beat the PK League in SS but I still have Kanto to beat
    PK X/Y - I was playing Y but I'm on the 5th Gym
    PK S/M/US/UM - Never played it
    PK OR/AS - Never played it
    PK E/P - I played Lets goo Evvee I'm on the 6th Gym
    PK SW/SH - I beat SW

Last edited by Goku1992A, Feb 27, 2021
  15. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    I'm worried constantly taking photos will become tedious grinding after a while, personally. I grew up way after the N64 era, only getting to play Stadium when I visited a primary school friend's house (I fell out of touch with the guy when we went to different high schools); I never did get to play the original Snap, or pretty much any other 64 games.
    So yeah, I've got...mixed...feelings about New Snap.

I mean, the Ranger trio was centred around circling sprites a bunch, but it had enough things to break up the monotony - three fun stories and side quests. Mystery Dungeon DS (screw the 3DS and Switch garbage) had awesome stories and characters to break up the dungeon exploration.

New Snap, so far, doesn't seem to have much of a story or any worthwhile characters to snap away from the snapping.

16. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    the opposite actually...considering before the announcement of pokemon legends the series basically fell into the rut if being nintendo's call of duty. the same game, printed out every year...with some tweaks and new content but other wise pretty much completely interchangeable with the pervious title

Scott_pilgrim and AkiraKurusu like this.
  17. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    So basically they made the remake look more like the latest animes......... too much chibinnes and I hate it.

Also the, "main" game look nothing special and there are some frame rate and animation issues..... not impressed and I highly doubt they would fix them. Graphics also kinda meh...... hell SW/SH looks actually better for me.

Last edited by deSSy2724, Feb 27, 2021
  18. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    The only game I'll actually play from this is the new Pokemon Snap game.

19. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Actually im most impressed with that game even though I never played and never liked those "snap" games (expect that the Venusaur looks really really strange).......

OK, oh well...... I will admit it, people can in fact "change" their opinions and what not, like completelly the oposite :rofl:

Learning it the hardest way......

Last edited by deSSy2724, Feb 27, 2021
  20. Ricken

Ricken It doesn't mean much, coming from me

United States
    Oh man. I hope this doesn't disappoint

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, Presents, February