Pokemon Presents August 3rd - new details about Scarlet and Violet

The latest Pokemon Presents broadcast is here. Let's check out what The Pokemon Company has in store for its fans, by going through each of the announcements made.

The Pokemon World Championships will be taking place August 18 to August 21st, in the UK. There will be competitions for the TCG, Pokken, and the mainline games. New to the event will be competitive Pokemon Go and Pokemon Unite.

Pokemon Go Fest will be taking place in Japan, though there will also be global events. There's a new incense that can attract Pokemon not normally found in your area, and even legendaries.

Additionally, Pokemon Unite's first anniversary is taking place. There's new Pokemon and features. The Pika Party starts today, which is a quick battle where everything and everyone are Pikachu. Buzzswole is joining the roster, alongside five more, including Glaceon, Tyranitar, and three other unannounced Pokemon. There's special login outfits for Pikachu, Blastoise, Sylveon, Snorlax, and Lucario.

Pokemon Masters EX is also having an anniversary--its third. This month, the game is adding a Trainer Lodge.

Pokemon Cafe ReMix adds Mewtwo as a staff Pokemon, if you satisfy him with a good meal.

Now for what you've been waiting for. Scarlet and Violet. The legendaries turn into bikes now. They can also fly. And surf. There's lots of footage of returning Pokemon, the new towns and trainers, and some of the online co-op. There's crystalized-looking Pokemon in what appear to be raids.

Miraidon and Koraidon are the legendaries that you ride. They grow wheels when you climb onto them, or gliders when you fly with them.

The game takes place at a school, in Scarlet it's Naranja Academy, in Violet, it's Uva Academy. You'll be studying there where you'll be tasked to go on a treasure hunt. You can challenge gyms in whatever order you want. There's other stories you can involve yourself in, too. Your teachers and peers are important characters and rivals.

Wooper gets a Paldean form, where he's muddy and poisonous.

Fidough is a new dog Pokemon. Cetitan is another new one, who is a large metallic defensive looking Pokemon.

This region makes Pokemon shine like gems--this can give them a power up. Some even change their typing.

Raids return. You don't have to wait for your allies this time.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so the new gimmiky is getting random type crystal form lol, guess its usefull competition to change your type on the fly or get stab, seems it could be abit broken tough for some pokemons.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
"Apply a shimmery effect and bolt a crystal to their head" is certainly an interesting way to introduce a new gimmick while still requiring basically zero actual work. Dynamax still barely wins overall on that front though. This might have required them to select where exactly to place the crystal, if it couldn't be easily automated.

• Haha
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've been excited for a new installment in the series in YEARS. PLA was great, but not a "main-series" game, and this seems to be taking from that, plus what actually made me preorder it - fucking CO-OP OH MY GOD I'M HYPED

If I'm gonna nitpick, though, (which you know I will), I really hope that we get a full national dex. I've been so fucking exhausted about all my Pokemon from Gen 3-7 just waiting in Pokemon Home for something to do, seeing each new game come out and still knowing they aren't transferable. Please, GameFreak. You have the models, and you have the funding. My preorder monies has to go somewhere.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is the first time I've been excited for a new installment in the series in YEARS. PLA was great, but not a "main-series" game, and this seems to be taking from that, plus what actually made me preorder it - fucking CO-OP OH MY GOD I'M HYPED

If I'm gonna nitpick, though, (which you know I will), I really hope that we get a full national dex. I've been so fucking exhausted about all my Pokemon from Gen 3-7 just waiting in Pokemon Home for something to do, seeing each new game come out and still knowing they aren't transferable. Please, GameFreak. You have the models, and you have the funding. My preorder monies has to go somewhere.
the leaks that got almost everything right say there are roughly 400 pokemons in the game so yeah no chance at all.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mmmm.... not sure why i always tune into these, i've stopped caring a long time ago.

i feel if pokemon were my baby, i'd have brought it into a different direction. i wont bore u with what i'd have done with it though.

im just wondering which decade we'll finally burn out of these games lol. 2030? 2040? 2050? or will it be a phenom in the next century too?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or the graphics look even worse here than they did in Sword/Shield.. Like there's alot of aliasing in the buildings, close & far away objects, even the character models..
And what's up with the bump in contrast and color? Just look at color green on the grass, colors are off.. the color on the character models in some instances look like they belong in a generic mobile game or something, there's no detail/tone or expression..
Not to sound negative or anything.. Curious about the other story quests they were talking about..
And a new gimmicky spectacle power thingy that can be used in battle.. Yay?!

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Power strips will do nothing if the power goes out lol