Pokemon Presents August 18th - new details on D/P remakes, Legends Arceus gets release date

After making the formal reveal a few days ago, it's time for the latest Pokemon Presents livestream to kick off. Featuring 28 minutes of content on upcoming Pokemon titles like the Diamond and Pearl remakes, there's bound to be plenty of new information shown. The stream begins soon, so be sure to catch it live, or read up on the recap in this thread.

Live Coverage

Pokemon Unite will be launching on mobile on September 22nd. You can preregister for the game, which will have crossplay with the Nintendo Switch version.

Sylveon and Mamoswine will be the latest Pokemon added in a future update.

Pokemon Cafe Mix is getting a revamp. It'll be called Pokemon Cafe Remix, and it'll feature new puzzles to complete. The update is coming this fall.

Pokemon Masters EX is celebrating its two-year anniversary. There will be plenty of events to go along with the anniversary and new trainers to pull.

Galar region Pokemon will be added to Pokemon Go, with the Sword and Shield legendary dogs to be featured in raids.

Next is new footage on the D/P remakes. Stickers on Pokeballs are returning, along with the Union Room. You'll be able to dress your trainer up, and contests are making a return too. The underground is back, along with its secret bases. It appears that you can find Pokemon there too now.

Launching November 19th, with preorders to open today.

Statues placed underground will determine special Pokemon you can find there.

Pokemon will follow you like HGSS.

There will be a special edition Switch Lite with Dialga and Palkia.

Legends Arceus is next.

There will be new forms of old Pokemon, such as Growlithe and Stantler. You can ride various types of Pokemon across the landscape.

Launches January 28, 2022.

Your base will be located in what becomes Jubilife City.

Cyllene will be someone that helps you in your journey, though looks like an ancestor of Cyrus.

Base camps will let you craft items for your adventures.

Your character can be attacked by wild Pokemon.

There are two styles, strong and agile. The former will lower your speed but give you power, while the other will let you attack more often.

There's a proto Pokedex you'll be tasked with filling out.

Wyrdeer is the evolution of Stantler, a new form of Basculin, and a Hisuian Bravery. Growlithe will have rock type moves.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually insane how bad the textures are for Legends. Gameplay and frame rate is clearly much improved since the first trailer but I have no idea how people can be satisfied with the game looking that bad.
Tell me about it; I very recently finished a game with a very similar awful art style. Horrendous, when other games on the same system look so much better.

Reactions: Gamer90Kirby

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Actually insane how bad the textures are for Legends. Gameplay and frame rate is clearly much improved since the first trailer but I have no idea how people can be satisfied with the game looking that bad.

It's just the stream, look at this:

Much better than what I watched, similar to BoTW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that basculin is an evolution, though. not a new form. Basculegion lmao

We know, we were talking about how this regional evolution is only based on the red version and wondering whether there is one on the blue version.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Legends can have my money already

As for the remakes...I can't get over the playmobil art style...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Diversity done right way by japan again :> BLOND DAWN HITS DIFFRENT

E9E651hXsAMpRG-.jpg

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know you didn’t watch the trailer and are just speaking out your ass just for the sake of doing so

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Arceus looks like it focuses on exploration on large Vistas , and catching/fighting Pokemons. Is there only 1on1 battles with Pokemons and not 2vs2 or more/horde etc... That would diversify things. Also no typical bad X team to fight i guess? What about "Arceus" in the title, is there any connection to it and it'll appear/fight/catch at the end game or... ?

Reactions: DudderButter

Luz Noceda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When Pokemon Masters EX is Banned due to a stupid law involving gambling, That same law killed Ninjala & Tanki Online in Belgium and The Netherlands and That same law that almost made the Xbox version of Undertale PEGI 18 due to a Small Gamble mini game (Thats not even 0,0001% of the game but that is apparently enough to make a PEGI 12 game to PEGI 18) :/ :?

EDIT: The XBOX Version of Undertale.

Last edited by Luz Noceda,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oof my bad, I've always assumed it was a new Pokemon when I played the Gen V games since it looked similar to the others and I never saw it before. :P
Ah that's okay.
It's just I really don't like most of the Gen 5 pokes, and Gen 4 to me was the last one with great additions. :D
Another thing to look at it... Gen 4 is the one that added a lot of new evolutions and pre-evolutions to Gen 1, 2 and 3 pokemon.
Gen 5 and onwards only added new forms to certain Pokemon, and the only evolution I can think of from a previous Gen Pokemon post-Gen 5 is Sylveon on Gen 6.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Ah that's okay.
It's just I really don't like most of the Gen 5 pokes, and Gen 4 to me was the last one with great additions. :D
Another thing to look at it... Gen 4 is the one that added a lot of new evolutions and pre-evolutions to Gen 1, 2 and 3 pokemon.
Gen 5 and onwards only added new forms to certain Pokemon, and the only evolution I can think of from a previous Gen Pokemon post-Gen 5 is Sylveon on Gen 6.

I've never played the Gen IV games properly so hopefully I'll be able to see what you mean when I try these remakes. :D

Reactions: ShadowOne333

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333 There are some great Mons in Gen V: Volcarona ,Samurott, Emboar, Excadrill, Krookodile, Haxorus, Hydreigon, as well as some others.. The ones from the early game are kinda meh, i agree that there are poor choices for Grass/flying/water types early to mid-game, unlike D/P it had Staraptor/Luxray/Roserade/Gyrados... You'll have a decent team, and you're just starting...

Last edited by CoolMe,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 There are some great Mons in Gen V: Volcarona ,Samurott, Emboar, Excadrill, Krookodile, Haxorus, Hydreigon, as well as some others.. The ones from the early game are kinda meh, i agree that there are poor choices for Grass/flying/water types early to mid-game, unlike D/P it had Staraptor/Luxray/Roserade/Gyrados... You'll have a decent team, and you're just starting...
From those, I really only like the last three (Krookodile, Haxorus, Hydreigon).
Gen 5 still has one of the lowest number of Pokemon I even care for at all.
The only ones I like from Gen 5 are the legendary dragons, Victini (which should have been a Gen 4 mythical Pokemon imo), those 3 you mention and Druddigon, that's pretty much it.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI Lol