Pokemon Presents August 18th - new details on D/P remakes, Legends Arceus gets release date

After making the formal reveal a few days ago, it's time for the latest Pokemon Presents livestream to kick off. Featuring 28 minutes of content on upcoming Pokemon titles like the Diamond and Pearl remakes, there's bound to be plenty of new information shown. The stream begins soon, so be sure to catch it live, or read up on the recap in this thread.

Live Coverage

Pokemon Unite will be launching on mobile on September 22nd. You can preregister for the game, which will have crossplay with the Nintendo Switch version.

Sylveon and Mamoswine will be the latest Pokemon added in a future update.

Pokemon Cafe Mix is getting a revamp. It'll be called Pokemon Cafe Remix, and it'll feature new puzzles to complete. The update is coming this fall.

Pokemon Masters EX is celebrating its two-year anniversary. There will be plenty of events to go along with the anniversary and new trainers to pull.

Galar region Pokemon will be added to Pokemon Go, with the Sword and Shield legendary dogs to be featured in raids.

Next is new footage on the D/P remakes. Stickers on Pokeballs are returning, along with the Union Room. You'll be able to dress your trainer up, and contests are making a return too. The underground is back, along with its secret bases. It appears that you can find Pokemon there too now.

Launching November 19th, with preorders to open today.

Statues placed underground will determine special Pokemon you can find there.

Pokemon will follow you like HGSS.

There will be a special edition Switch Lite with Dialga and Palkia.

Legends Arceus is next.

There will be new forms of old Pokemon, such as Growlithe and Stantler. You can ride various types of Pokemon across the landscape.

Launches January 28, 2022.

Your base will be located in what becomes Jubilife City.

Cyllene will be someone that helps you in your journey, though looks like an ancestor of Cyrus.

Base camps will let you craft items for your adventures.

Your character can be attacked by wild Pokemon.

There are two styles, strong and agile. The former will lower your speed but give you power, while the other will let you attack more often.

There's a proto Pokedex you'll be tasked with filling out.

Wyrdeer is the evolution of Stantler, a new form of Basculin, and a Hisuian Bravery. Growlithe will have rock type moves.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems the remakes aren't missing anything from the OG games. It might be the first Pokémon game I'll be purchasing since ORAS.

Legends seems to be performing better overall, or they learned to hide the flaws lol. And it seems like a significant departure from traditional Pokémon, for sure the biggest change in mainline games since forever.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the fuck are those limited edition Pokémon consoles only available on the lite model..who’s dumb decision was that

the OLED console is going to be out soon and this would have been an easy way to sell a bunch more units

also the lite is so useless without TV out. Might as well spend that tiny bit extra for the option of having a TV and still having portable mode (plus bigger portable screen)

dumb decision

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the fuck are those limited edition Pokémon consoles only available on the lite model..who’s dumb decision was that

the OLED console is going to be out soon and this would have been an easy way to sell a bunch more units

also the lite is so useless without TV out. Might as well spend that tiny bit extra for the option of having a TV and still having portable mode (plus bigger portable screen)

dumb decision

Yup it is stupid.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Battles anywhere in the world is pretty sweet, but there seems to be an issue with the Pokemon standing on sloped surfaces lol.

EDIT: What I mean:

IMG_20210818_190610.jpg

Though they'll probably take care of that. Honestly though I'm excited for both the remakes and this.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Soooo no Platinum content? It's ORAS again, being a remake of the base games instead of the superior third game? It's not even like HGSS, which was mostly the base game but pretty seamlessly added content from the third game?
Oh, don't think I didn't notice "Pokémon that appear in this game", when following Pokémon was mentioned. Yet another limited 'dex...UGH.

LAAAME.

And Legends, which I could not care about.

Reactions: Gamer90Kirby

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that palkia, and dialga are going to gigantamax.
Because look at the timeline:
There was X and Y, which started doing Mega Evolution, yet their mascot legendaries couldn’t do it (lol sound familiar?) but the sapphire and ruby remakes after X and Y included the new feature, and had Mega Evolving legendaries (Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre).
So think of X and Y as Sword and Shield, and the sapphire and ruby remakes as the diamond and pearl remakes. Pokémon has always followed this timeline, I am looking forward to their Gigantamax forms.

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo no Platinum content? It's ORAS again, being a remake of the base games instead of the superior third game? It's not even like HGSS, which was mostly the base game but pretty seamlessly added content from the third game?
Oh, don't think I didn't notice "Pokémon that appear in this game", when following Pokémon was mentioned. Yet another limited 'dex...UGH.

LAAAME.

And Legends, which I could not care about.

didn’t ORAS Have the extra story with emerald content?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love that they're adding Mamoswine! What a cool Pokemon to add.

Legends also looks super cool. That new fu dog growlithe is adorable!

I hope that D/P's pokedex is being added to Sword and Shield's. It would be lame to have a full adventure on D/P, only for your pokemon to be stuck there (or in HOME) until they finally make a Pokemon game that supports all of the pokemon. Though I did catch that bit at the end that said Ranked battles would still be in Sword and Shield and not in D/P or Legends, which doesn't really give hope....

Last edited by Windaga,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
didn’t ORAS Have the extra story with emerald content?
Barely; a short post-Hall of Fame "Delta Episode" that didn't actually have any actual Emerald content, apart from focusing on Rayquaza. That's the only similarity. You still don't get to fight both Team Magma and Aqua (only one per game), there's still no Battle Frontier.
It was a massive letdown, it was.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the new lighting on BD/SP, very warm, lively & colorful , also i see they've brought the feature where Pokemon follows you around like in HG/SS. The underground and the new hideaway feature looks great too.

Last edited by CoolMe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: