Gaming Pokemon Platinum wont work for me anymore:( R4DS

skyonosk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i really need some help here!
so this is basically what happened....
i used to have an awsome ds and games and stuff but one day i decided to try YSmenu.
i followed the guide and everything but it wouldnt work:(
i gave up after hours of trying to get it to work. i looked for my old firmware but i relised to late that i had deleted it
frown.gif

i found new firmware that is compatible with my R4 (SDHC Revolution) i got firmware from this website http://www.r4sdhc.com/download-en.htm
all my games worked and i was happy. i wanted to get some cheats for my games though (i deleted - by accident - my old urscheat file) so i did all the stuff with cheat code editor and got the cheats on my ds. i try/ed to play pokemon platinum but it just goes to white screen
frown.gif

so i disable the cheats and it sttill wont work. i have redone (ie) reput firmware on, put game on again and redo cheats but it still wont work when the urscheat file is on my ds.
im very sad cause i really want to play pokemon (again) with cheats

can anyone give me an explanation as to why this happens?
looking forward to peoples theories.
HELP!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a guess, but maybe the cheat file is too big. This is a known problem on R4s that are not using YSMenu. There used to be a special USRCHEAT.DAT file at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ that had a lot of the less popular games stripped out, but they stopped maintaining it due to the extra work and the fact that YSMenu fixes the problem.

Get a cheat editor (I use r4cce) and either delete a lot of games from the GBAtemp cheat file, or create your own cheat file and only put in the games you want to use cheats on.

Again, this is just a guess. I got rid of my R4 about 2 years ago so I don't know that much about its current problems.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
skyonosk,

white freeze? try format your sd card and reinstall the firmware?

ysmenu? if you do google hard enough you would find ysmenu
tongue.gif

Destructobot said:
Just a guess, but maybe the cheat file is too big. This is a known problem on R4s that are not using YSMenu. There used to be a special USRCHEAT.DAT file at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ that had a lot of the less popular games stripped out, but they stopped maintaining it due to the extra work and the fact that YSMenu fixes the problem.

Get a cheat editor (I use r4cce) and either delete a lot of games from the GBAtemp cheat file, or create your own cheat file and only put in the games you want to use cheats on.

Again, this is just a guess. I got rid of my R4 about 2 years ago so I don't know that much about its current problems.

i agree with you, it could be the size of the cheat database that limits pokemon platinum being display...
smile.gif

but not sure about the white freeze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.