Pokemon Platinum Wi-Fi freeze

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Auron32, Sep 17, 2010.

Sep 17, 2010
  1. Auron32
    OP

Newcomer Auron32 Newbie

United Kingdom
    okay im going to keep this short as i KNOW people are sick to death of hearing Pokemon followed by help me!!

Flashcard: Acekard2i
    Firmware: AKAIO 1.7.1

Problem: almost anything using WI-FI eventually and inevitably causes the freaking game to crash, its absolutely fine any other time, just when trading, or in the underground, the GTS is fine and usable, it just to struggle with local connections, you know DS to DS.

i HAVE read the wiki, used the hold the A button to do something the DMA and it STILL wont work properly... any ideas guys?

2. BowlOfSpiders

Member BowlOfSpiders hi

United States
    Try using an older version of AKAIO. That might fix your problem.

3. Auron32
    OP

Newcomer Auron32 Newbie

United Kingdom
    i would do that, but that means i'd have to keep switching firmwares every time i load a newer game (DQ IX for example). i HAVE got a work-around though, i simply use my R4, i feel a sense of irony though, as i bought the Acekard to replace the R4, and it seems that was a little silly, cos the R4 plays platinum just fine...

still, if anyone has overcome the annoying WI-FI problems then i would appreciate your help, preferably a method that means i can use AKAIO 1.7.1 to play it, i mean Soul Silver/Heart Gold work fine on it, so why the heck doesn't platinum...?

4. Zurren

Member Zurren GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Couldn't it be a bad rom? It's weird how ONLY a section of a game, which usually works perfectly for everyone else, is failing for you.

5. Auron32
    OP

Newcomer Auron32 Newbie

United Kingdom
    it could be that, but like i say, it's fine on an R4 (i dont like it any more, its why i got myself an Acekard, too many games not running on an R4), i will re-download it though and try that though, you never know it might just be a bit of corruption on the transferring it to my SD part of it...
    also, would enbling soft reset have anything to do with it not working on the wi-fi sections of the game?