Gaming Pokemon platinum Rom- it is messed up or is it the flash cart?

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after doing reasreach, its probably the flash cart (raises hand for r4)

everyone seems to be having different problems though. Mine are unusal.

-some pokemon when selected weather be it battle or otherwise, take a second before they animate and cry.

I've had the game freeze on me for using growl (something to do with the cry)

... Aruma(sp) lady Taylor (the route between Jublife and Forloma) has a Cheibum...that doesn't have a CRY. when it faints, before it faints, the game freezes. talk about a crappy rom? or the flash cart?

anyway, someone said Platinum took 1mb saves. if this was true, then why does poksav still have 256 and 512 KB options?

anyway, for me the question boils down to whats going on? and is their an easy way of getting YSmenu on my cart? the links I see to it are just the japanese site (even the english as poor instructions) and other silly things that make no sense to it.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkRey said:
cry?did you beat them(pokemons)?

did you try a different rom?

its weird... the place I got it from was *snip... which as a record of having some of the cleanest roms ever.

and yes I have- I remember SIWTCHING to the forementioned version to see if the pokemon cry-waiting-a-second thing would go away.

I also noticed this on the japanese version awhile back as well.

also, I did beat them and I bought one of those weirded pokemon who were slower on my pearl version.... it worked! he went as fast as the others did!

so its something do to either with the rom (which I doubt) or the flash cart having to handle it.

quick update, I deleted my DS menu dat and put in a spare- that seemed to solve the Cherubi problem... but some pokemon are still slow, so I may run into problems later...

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
To address your issues, sounds like it's your card. It works fine on my iTouch, my gf's DSTT, and a friends Edge.

About the 1mb save. People here claim it must be 1mb or things will fuck up do to corrupting when too much data is in the 512kb sav. The staff of pokesav said they're just idiots, passing around rumors like idiots do. I personally got passed the reported "corruption" area, after doing things like saving a battle vid, which if the 1mb rumor is true, would of made it easier to corrupt, as they take up ~.2mb . Despite doing this, and some other things I could think of to test this "issue", my game loaded, and saved just fine, on both my iTouch and her DSTT. But to be safe, we both made our saves 1mb.

I'd say fix your .sav to be 1mb, to be on the safe side. And while pokesav says 256kb and 512kb save files, it still works flawlessly on my 1.25mb Platinum save. Who knows who's right, it could be 512kb, and the save corruption could be a card issue.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its working well for me now- I just had to refresh my DS_menu

anyone else notice thatr some pokemon, when selected.... have like a split second loading for them to do there action and cry?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over