RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just made the switch-over from my CycloDS to my Acekard 2i, and it seems Pokémon Platinum doesn't run nearly as well as it should do.
unsure.gif

There's 4 things that are bugging me:

1: Areas like Hearthome city are always a bit skippy
2: There's a delay in music loading, most noticeable when trainer battles or wild encounters start.
3: Black loading screens are noticeably slower
4: Scrolling through items is slower

I've tried formatting the SD card with the Panasonic formatter, I've tried doing it with the Windows Formatter (Fat32, 32k clusters), but the problem remains.
I've also tried not using DMA mode by holding X, it just seems to run worse then.
The game works fine but the slowdown is icky.

Does anyone know how I can improve my Acekard's performance? This is what I'm using.

Acekard 2i (no bump on cart)
Kingston 4gb Class 4 Taiwanese MicroSD
Black UK DSi, firmware 1.3E

Edit: There's a 5th thing now, when moving between areas (like towns and routes) there's a noticeable lag.
If you repeatedly move across the line it actually looks really weird, bad because this is what you do to make an egg appear in the daycare, or get the running legendaries to move locations.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the AKAIO firmware? Or the official? Cause if you are using 1.4.1, you need to download the latest loader. It might fix the problem. Pokemon Platinum works fine with me with a:
Acekard 2.1
Sandisk 4gb sdhc
AKAIO 1.4.1 with updated loaders.
Hope this helped. =)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Briankealing said:
The CycloDS is 50 dollars.
The AK2i is 15.

Why the hell does no one use common sense around here?

USE THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150725
Before you act like a dickweed, consider that I had been lurking this subforum for a few weeks and hadn't seen any topics of the sort in that time. >:\
And also consider that there isn't a CycloDSi for sale.

QUOTE(somerandomguyO_O @ Apr 25 2009, 04:33 PM) Are you using the AKAIO firmware? Or the official? Cause if you are using 1.4.1, you need to download the latest loader. It might fix the problem. Pokemon Platinum works fine with me with a:
Acekard 2.1
Sandisk 4gb sdhc
Hope this helped. =)
I'm using the AKAIO firmware, 1.4.1 proper I think.
And I downloaded this loader.
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

I've already been using these, is there something else that I should do or what?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Briankealing said:
The CycloDS is 50 dollars.
The AK2i is 15.

Why the hell does no one use common sense around here?

USE THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150725
Before you act like a dickweed, consider that I had been lurking this subforum for a few weeks and hadn't seen any topics of the sort in that time. >:\
And also consider that there isn't a CycloDSi for sale.
Before you start attacking him, shouldn't you have used the search function before making duplicate threads? You don't have to see them to search. And a few weeks? You haven't been reading very well, because there was a similar thread made a few days ago. It's probably still on the first page of this sub-forum.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
somerandomguyO_O said:
Are you using the AKAIO firmware? Or the official? Cause if you are using 1.4.1, you need to download the latest loader. It might fix the problem. Pokemon Platinum works fine with me with a:
Acekard 2.1
Sandisk 4gb sdhc
Hope this helped. =)
I'm using the AKAIO firmware, 1.4.1 proper I think.
And I downloaded this loader.
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

I've already been using these, is there something else that I should do or what?

Did you try downloading the rom from a different site? Some roms are bad dumps.

EDIT: Which settings to do you have enabled?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
Before you start attacking him, shouldn't you have used the search function before making duplicate threads? You don't have to see them to search. And a few weeks? You haven't been reading very well, because there was a similar thread made a few days ago. It's probably still on the first page of this sub-forum.
Well, it's not on the first page on the subforum.
Now are you going to help me, or are you just going to yell at me because I didn't see an immediate issue?
"GRAAAAAAAGH YOU DIDN'T ****ING SEARCH" isn't exactly helpful!

QUOTE(somerandomguyO_O @ Apr 25 2009, 05:45 PM) Did you try downloading the rom from a different site? Some roms are bad dumps.
Actually, I dumped the rom from my retail cart.
So there shouldn't be a problem, unless trimming the rom is somehow bad for the Acekard.

Settings?
Save type auto
default save slot
DS download play enabled
Soft Reset enabled
Cheats disabled
AK2 Loader AKAIO

I don't see any other options for my AK2 Loader however.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I dumped the rom from my retail cart.
So there shouldn't be a problem, unless trimming the rom is somehow bad for the Acekard.

...I can't even check the settings now, the flashcart is refusing to boot now.

-------------

Go to my site at www.clanlas.co.nr so we can use the live chat box. its refusing to boot? Have you tried inserting a thin piece of paper in between the Acekard and the outside of the DSi? Trimming is bad on some of the newer games.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
It may be the class speed of your Micro SD. Class 4 has a measly maximum file transfer rate of 4mb/s. And normally the Japanese ones seem to work best, not ones from Tiwan. But if no one else is having issues with the same memory card as you, it's probably user error. Like, not having the latest loaders, or a bad dump. Try fiddling around with patches(WiFi, DS Download play et cetera), for example; turn them all off.

Edit: Bad internet connection + craptacular servers = This mess.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
Go to my site at www.clanlas.co.nr so we can use the live chat box. its refusing to boot? Have you tried inserting a thin piece of paper in between the Acekard and the outside of the DSi? Trimming is bad on some of the newer games.

Really sorry, I forgot I had the microSD in my PC.
rolleyes.gif

That's why it wasn't booting.

I'll try dumping an untrimmed rom to use.

QUOTE(ShatteredScreens @ Apr 25 2009, 05:54 PM) It may be the class speed of your Micro SD. Class 4 has a meansly maximum file transfer rate of 4mb/s. And normally the Japanese ones seem to work best, not ones from Tiwan. But if no one else is having issues with the same memory card as you, it's probably user error. Like, not having the latest loaders, or a bad dump. Try fiddling around with patches(WiFi, DS Download play et cetera), for example; turn them all off.

To be honest, this whole loaders thing is confusing.
You all make it sound like I should have multiple loaders on my card, but I only have the option of one when I configure my rom.
unsure.gif

But yes, I've been wanting to get a better microSD card, I think I will do.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really sorry, I forgot I had the microSD in my PC.
rolleyes.gif

That's why it wasn't booting.

I'll try dumping an untrimmed rom to use.

-----------------------------

So that was the booting problem? xD Yeah, trimming wi-fi roms can be a very bad idea.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
So that was the booting problem? xD Yeah, trimming wi-fi roms can be a very bad idea.

Haha yes, it doesn't say that the microSD is missing, so I thought it had hung!
The WiFi functions work perfectly fine on my Acekard, actually I had problems with that on my CycloDS.

The rom will take a little while to dump though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
somerandomguyO_O said:

Haha yes, it doesn't say that the microSD is missing, so I thought it had hung!
The WiFi functions work perfectly fine on my Acekard, actually I had problems with that on my CycloDS.

The rom will take a little while to dump though.

Yeah. Transfer rate is dial-up slow. X_X

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
Yeah. Transfer rate is dial-up slow. X_X
Well I'm using an untrimmed rom and I see no difference.

Can you explain this loaders thing to me? It's actually a bit confusing, like I should have multiple loaders to choose from for booting the rom (but I don't, it just says AKAIO)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are two types of Loaders. (I think, someone like AW better follow me up on this)

1) The loader embedded within the Acekard which allows it to boot. The Acekard team uses a header from a retail game to boot the Acekard. That's why you can choose the Acekard as if it was a retail game in the DS Menu.
2) The loader which boots ROMs/Homebrew. This loader is implanted by the user and can be swapped at anytime. __aio/loaders contains the loaders for booting games. If one game works on the Official FW but not AKAIO (never), people will add the Official FW Loader into the __aio/loaders and choose a specific loader to load the ROM. Example: If ROM.nds only worked on the Official FW but you're running AKAIO, you would take the Official Loader and place & rename it into __aio/loaders. Select the ROM by click Y and change the loader to the Official FW Loader. Now everytime you boot that game, it will be loading with the Official FW Loader.

~ Jon

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the problem, I have downloaded the official firmware from acekard.com and placed it in the __aio/loaders folder, but when I press Y on a rom, I only have AKAIO available for my loader.

There option simply isn't there, I don't understand...

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
This is the problem, I have downloaded the official firmware from acekard.com and placed it in the __aio/loaders folder, but when I press Y on a rom, I only have AKAIO available for my loader.

There option simply isn't there, I don't understand...

Oh look, what do you know? Your answer is in the AKAIO Wiki that's stickied at the top of the page.... do some searching why don't you.

CODEOfficial AK2 Loader

The official AK2 loaders can be used by AKAIO to load retail ROM dumps. This is an outdated method as the AKAIO loaders are currently more up-to-date and optimized more often, however, the option still remains for those who wish to make use of it. To install, the firmware file akmenu4.nds must be placed in the __aio/ak2loader/ directory. You can rename the official loader if you like (IE: ak4.11.nds, ak4.12.nds, etc). Renaming the loaders allows you to have multiple official loaders for use with AKAIO at any one time. To use the loader, select an .NDS file, and open up the file properties by pressing the Y button (or use the Start menu). Press Y again to bring up the .NDS options. You can now change the loader from AKAIO to an AK2 official loader

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zero383 said:
Oh look, what do you know? Your answer is in the AKAIO Wiki that's stickied at the top of the page.... do some searching why don't you.
How about reading the post before mine?
The one that told me to put the loader in the wrong folder?

Maybe that's why I asked about it not working?

...In any case, I did it in the correct folder, told it to load Platinum with the official loader, and I don't see any difference in performance.
Anyway, thanks for helping out someone who needed help (those of you who didn't shout at me anyway...), I'm going to try and get a Class 6 microSD, seems like I need it now.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
zero383 said:
How about reading the post before mine?
The one that told me to put the loader in the wrong folder?

Maybe that's why I asked a question?
Hey Again. I see I wasn't clear enough the first time. Sorry. You need to delete all the system files off of the microSD card and put the official firmware on the root in place of the AKAIO firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte