1. DoS

DoS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Well, I have a 4GB Transcend Class 6 and I seem to have the same problems that you do. The black loads are definetely slower than my R4, that's the main thing I notice, and the items menu is quite unresponsive.

I use AK2i, AKAIO 1.4.1, latest loader, on a DSi.

I don't really think your problem is the class of the card, at all. People have been experiencing problems with Platinum and GTA in AK2i since the beggining, on both firmwares. I really think the deal is what some user said above. CycloDS is more expensive, there's something different there, and I think Acekards are just not that high quality, although 99% of the games work amazingly.

2. RupeeClock

OP RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

No no, it's alright now, I have the official loader working from within the AKAIO firmware, but thanks anyway.

3. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    RupeeClock, almost every answer for almost every question regarding AKAIO you can find into the wiki, try re-read them before asking any question about AKAIO since the wiki can be updated anytime. Most people are still confused about the loaders on AKAIO.
    The loaders that we talk about are the ROM loaders. There are 2 types:
    1 - The AKAIO one, located at __AIO/loaders, there will be 3 loaders, for AK2/AK2i, AKRPG and AK+. In ROM options those will be always listed as AKAIO (the AceKard will boot your ROMs through the corresponding loader to your flashcard, so if you are using this microSD only at AK2i you can always update only the AK2/AK2i loader).

2 - On AceKard 2 you can use the official loaders as alternative loader (I think that Smiths or Norm disabled this method in AK2i because it was bricking their AK2i flashcards), you download the official kernel, copy the ak4menu.nds (you can even rename it) to __AIO/ak2loader, and only then you can choose it at individual ROM setup.

One thing that you can try is to not overload your microSD, if it's not already done, try to get it to have 50mb to 70mb of free space. And another thing, try to reduce fragmentation of file, backup all of your files on PC, erase the microSD (formatting is better) copy the DS ROMs first to your microSD (putting the problematic ROMs first, bigger ROMs second and then the rest of your backup files), this maybe will make things better for you.

4. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

The same happens with my game, with my retail, imported game. It doesn't happen on Pearl on my CycloDS Evolution, though.

5. Briankealing

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Actually, it was precisely on the second page when I found it.

And yes, what I said was helpful. It's just that half the people in this world don't realize that using that big blue button up there in the upper right can prevent another useless thread.

If performance is slow, then why not run the real game, huh? Or are these "backups" of yours illegal? Why do you need a backup of Platinum in the first place?

6. RupeeClock

OP RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

I have the real game, but I don't use it because I can't use pokésav on it to check IVs and EVs, and I'm just too used to using flashcarts to carry around multiple games.
    These slowdowns things bug me a little, but I was only asking how to fix it.

Next time someone asks a repeated question, maybe you can just be polite, and ASK them to search, or direct them to an older thread without shouting at them, I made an honest mistake, you shouted at me, not cool.

Seriously, as a new user, looking at the AKAIO wiki, learning that you need to download separate loader files for the Acekard 2i, learning that the loaders are seperate from the firmware, it's a total mess. There is too much information for someone who just wants to get their AKAIO firmware started. It needs to be split into dedicated pages, not one full page!

Sorry, I shouldn't be ranting at you.

7. Briankealing

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ah, you admit your mistake. [​IMG]

Yes, the AKAIO wiki is kind of confusing - I haven't been to it in a while...

8. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    OMG IM SO SORRY. I've read the Wiki multiple times but I've never noticed that Official FW Loaders go into a completely different folder. Sorry again. People make mistakes.

~ Jon

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Performance, Pokémon, Platinum