Gaming Pokemon Platinum is playing much faster than it should.

monsythnnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Dear people of GBAtemp,

So I installed HiyaCFW, TwilightMenu++ and so on – did everything according to dsi.cfw.guide. I got GBARunner2 working pretty well and every .nds rom completely fine, but there's one game in particular that was acting up. Pokemon Platinum starts up and everything, gets to PRESS START screen and then the framerate quadruples. Giratina is twitching and the Professor's text appears instantly and so on.

What should I do? My friend and I thought it's maybe that something is overclocking the rom, or that there's no framerate limit. I read that there are no piracy checks on Platinum, so what gives?

Thank you!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dear people of GBAtemp,

So I installed HiyaCFW, TwilightMenu++ and so on – did everything according to dsi.cfw.guide. I got GBARunner2 working pretty well and every .nds rom completely fine, but there's one game in particular that was acting up. Pokemon Platinum starts up and everything, gets to PRESS START screen and then the framerate quadruples. Giratina is twitching and the Professor's text appears instantly and so on.

What should I do? My friend and I thought it's maybe that something is overclocking the rom, or that there's no framerate limit. I read that there are no piracy checks on Platinum, so what gives?

Thank you!

There is a patch in the APFIX folder that unlocks some frame-rate related measure on those games, try to delete it (The ID is the same as the one that appears in the game file when you press the Y button).

Reactions: monsythnnus

monsythnnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
There is a patch in the APFIX folder that unlocks some frame-rate related measure on those games, try to delete it (The ID is the same as the one that appears in the game file when you press the Y button).

Sorry, but I'm looking everywhere for this APFIX and Google's first result is this very thread. Where is it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind. As I posted the reply, I found it on my SD card.

Reactions: DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, but I'm looking everywhere for this APFIX and Google's first result is this very thread. Where is it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind. As I posted the reply, I found it on my SD card.

Haha sorry for no further explanation, I am at work and was going to help you with SS and all of that. Did you manage to solve your problem?

Reactions: monsythnnus

monsythnnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Haha sorry for no further explanation, I am at work and was going to help you with SS and all of that. Did you manage to solve your problem?

Yup. Found that the ID is CPUE and hid all the CPUE .ips files into another folder. Now it plays normally, 1x speed.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your assistance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night