Gaming Pokemon Platinum is going to cause chaos like GTA did

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
biggest savefile right now i believe is 8MB for daigasso band brothers DX(needed for 200 or so songs)
known games with 1MB saves are pokemon platinum(512k reserved for battle recordings), 100 classic books(to download additional books), and gta chinatown wars (no reason found yet)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it will cause too many problems. maybe make the site go a little slow, but nothing terrible.

and look on the bright side, it may get us some useful new members out of the thousands of noobs that descend.

MouseTrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Platinum won't cause nearly as many problems that GTA has. Pokemon Platinum will still generate a decent amount of activity on this forum. The hype for GTA was a lot greater than what Platinum has had so far...(I'm still hyped about Platinum though)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uh lol. You're overestimating GTA and underestimating Pokemon.

Pokemon Platinum won't create chaos like GTA, it will create a lot more.

Shadz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people (like me) couldn't care less about GTA:CW. I haven't bothered trying to get it, or finding out anything about it. Although with Pokemon Platinum, i may ask the release date. Thats it. No need for all these young kids to get hyped up about a game...

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
uh lol. You're overestimating GTA and underestimating Pokemon.

Pokemon Platinum won't create chaos like GTA, it will create a lot more.

I think that most of the chaos caused by GTA was due to it not working on any flashcart. Pokémon Platinum will surely increase noticeably the amount of users connected at the same time, the number of registrated users that day and, probably, the number of users asking for ROMs... But as long as it works fine, it won't really collapse the site as GTA did.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
but as i said before, big chance it won't work normally.
i bet a lot of people lose their save whenever they turn off their DS.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thedicemaster said:

I bet there really won't be ANY problem with Pokémon.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:

AFAIK, Pokémon Platinum (J) didn't give any problems. Why would the (U) version give them?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey Ravn said:
thedicemaster said:

AFAIK, Pokémon Platinum (J) didn't give any problems. Why would the (U) version give them?
oh i still remember some problems, it was the first game with 1MB save support so a lot of people had to use hacked firmware, and manually edited saves.

although now most flashcarts have pokemon platinum(J) on a special list saying it should use a 1MB save.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's unlikely that the U version will have any problems since any problems have already been fixed in the J release, and they're probably not going to suddenly start adding anti-piracy measures.

Still... Pokemon is more popular than Zelda. That's reason enough to believe it will cause a considerable amount of, not exactly chaos, but at least floods of Pokemon related topics.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
Joey Ravn said:
thedicemaster said:

oh i still remember some problems, it was the first game with 1MB save support so a lot of people had to use hacked firmware, and manually edited saves.

although now most flashcarts have pokemon platinum(J) on a special list saying it should use a 1MB save.

I think you are talking about Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. AFAIK, Platinum did not give any problems. Nevertheless, it was definitely NOT the first game with 1MB saves. Take Daigasso! Band Brothers, for example.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though I finished it in Japanese, I am so freaking hyped for this game. And I have four essays due in college next week that I haven't even started yet, meaning I won't have time to play it... Sucky. T.T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu