Pokemon Platinum is going to cause chaos like GTA did

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    All the n00bs will cause the mass chaos on this site asking on where to get this just like they did today with GTA. Sorry, but with the release of GTA: CW this site has took an immediate downfall with thousands of users spamming the GTA:CW release topic. I just hope it doesn't get worse for when Pokemon Platinum is released. What do you think?

2. Kyoton

Member Kyoton GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wouldn't count on it. Platinum won't have piracy checks. The original didn't and I doubt Nintendo would have put here. They should realize that the communities will break it down and fix it.

However the only spamming that will be done are probably friend codes, matches and trades. Also hacks to the game will form very quickly and might achieve something.

3. steven gambee

Newcomer steven gambee Advanced Member

Canada
    oh crud i never thought of that.....................INTERNET MELT DOWN ROFL

4. hakujintanuki

Member hakujintanuki GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    It won't cause any problems.

The Japanese version has been out for months and 90% of the emulation issues have been resolved.

The game plays and saves just fine, but there are still a few glitches with internet stuff on certain cards with certain SD cards.

5. sebaash

Newcomer sebaash Advanced Member

Chile
    i hate plp down the page for many questions like "any work" "its works?" "i can't play buaaa" xDDDDDDDDDDD

6. Giangsta

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    oh and this game is totally 'been there done that' so it aint gonna be no dramas.

But i'll still play it again

7. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    its not going to cuz platinum is just slighly diff from pearl/diamond, and will not cause havoc as gta did. also as previously mentioned, the japanese rom as been out for a while, so most if not all problems have already been dealt with.

8. robochrono09

Banned robochrono09 Banned

United States
    yeah and we are going to get the kiddies asking all the fun rom questions lol

9. Ultratech87

Newcomer Ultratech87 Advanced Member

United States
    There'll probably be a lot of people, but I don't see the Internet imploding anytime soon because of it.
    Shouldn't be anything like the chaos surrounding GTA.

10. toh_yxes

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    there probz will be people asking for the rom literally as soon as it comes out. hopefully there won't be that much due to the experience with gta lol.

11. CyrusBlue

Member CyrusBlue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I highly doubt that because from what I've seen (while lurking). GBAtemp is a pretty mature community minus one or two idiots and a couple of weeaboos but what forum doesn't have that?

12. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Nintendo has done that in the past, I believe with Phantom Hourglass. The Japanese version would run fine, the US and European ones wouldn't.

Anyway, this is the third version, so I guess it won't be that bad. Even if they put some kind of piracy protection in it, nobody will care that much and crash GBAtemp [​IMG]

13. Melvinkooi

Member Melvinkooi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Sice GTA is out, hundrets of topics have been maded that GTA doesn't work on him/her Flashcard [​IMG].

14. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Agree. And we already have like 4 topics on NDS-Games about GTA ,locked. GTA is causing chaos.

But I think Pokemon would be less chaotic though after reading all the posts above.

15. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    GTA Causes this much problems and chaos because it is such a good game for first time on DS, Pokémon has diamond and pearl already on and plat in jap

16. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    No one cares about platinum in japanese.
    GTA caused chaos because it was a good game AND didn't work. Platinum won't because it's a good game that will work properly. However it will cause a lot more guests browsing the site [​IMG]

17. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Yeah, we will definately have some problems with Platinium. Not so bad as it was now, but definately some lagging.

18. GTAMAN1

Newcomer GTAMAN1 Member

Finland
    correcto

19. kezlehan

Member kezlehan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't think as many people are gonna be checking out Pokemon Platinum, as it's not too different from D/P. I mean of course people will play it, but I doubt there'll be a mad rush like with GTA.

20. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    no it won't.
    forgot it has a 1MB save?

ok, for those who experienced 1MB saves before, and maybe for the few flashcarts with proper 1MB save support it will work fine.
    but most flashcarts don't properly support 1MB saves(m3real is one of those, the only reason it can handle the japanese platinum save is because they made a 1MB"exception" for that game)

although hopefully with the recent GTA problems most flashcart firmwares will get native 1MBsave support(since this proves 1MB will be more than just a 1-time only emergency savetype)