Pokemon Platinum Heartgold/SoulSilver trainer backsprite editing?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Dizzyyy, May 21, 2014.

1. Dizzyyy
    OP

Dizzyyy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2011
    United States
    I asked on the Project Pokemon IRC and was given some instructions for Tinke, but they dont work completely or I didnt get it fully. Now after searching through these forums I found another topic just like this but no clear answer was given. The creator of tinke said we could import and export bitmaps for the 6_000.rgcn file but I don't know how that could help.

so does anyone have some clear advice or instructions on how to edit 4th gen backsprites for a dumbo like me?

For the record I have a custom sprite sheet I want to use with 5 frames so replacing lucas with lance or Marley is not what I want to do. I need to edit the files not just rename and rearrange.

Thank you so much.

edit: Also I would need to do the same thing with the mugshot vs. sprites. If anyone is willing to do it for me and I can just leech your 6_000 to 6_004 files I'd pay a little ;-;

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    i will see if i can make a program to automate the rgcn conversion from scrambled to ordered, back to scrambled.​

edit here you go https://www.mediafire.com/?tphcolo64151gtc

export from tinke at 64x800, unscrample with program, edit, rescramble with program and import with tinke with the replace palette option enabled.

ashinnblunts likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted