ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum - Gotta catch em all?

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Copy the batch file commands listed above ^ into a text file, rename it as run.bat , put it in the same folder with xdelta.exe, the platinumklean.nds rom & platinumpatch.xdelta and run. That really should work
smile.gif

FYI, I'm working on a hack that gives all the hostile trainers new pokemon; What I'm planning is that most of the 493 (though not all, I'll definitely leave some out) pokemon are to be distributed among the trainers, which will be way more fun than battling geodudes, zubats, bidoofs and starlys over and over and over and over
smile.gif
I'll also be raising the difficulty just a little, to make the game a little bit more challenging. Still doesn't require too much training anyway. However, I'm planning to raise the difficutly of the Top Four enormously, I want to create a real challenge here. (Nope, no Lvl-100ers planned, i don't want anything impossible to beat). I'm also keeping the 493-hack in here... battling legendary Pokemon in the wild -> good exp -> way to train for the new Top Four
smile.gif
(I'm probably modifying the locations of the legendaries, but then again maybe not. I will decide later for that
smile.gif
)

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
Copy the batch file commands listed above ^ into a text file, rename it as run.bat , put it in the same folder with xdelta.exe, the platinumklean.nds rom & platinumpatch.xdelta and run. That really should work
smile.gif

FYI, I'm working on a hack that gives all the hostile trainers new pokemon; What I'm planning is that most of the 493 (though not all, I'll definitely leave some out) pokemon are to be distributed among the trainers, which will be way more fun than battling geodudes, zubats, bidoofs and starlys over and over and over and over
smile.gif
I'll also be raising the difficulty just a little, to make the game a little bit more challenging. Still doesn't require too much training anyway. However, I'm planning to raise the difficutly of the Top Four enormously, I want to create a real challenge here. (Nope, no Lvl-100ers planned, i don't want anything impossible to beat). I'm also keeping the 493-hack in here... battling legendary Pokemon in the wild -> good exp -> way to train for the new Top Four
smile.gif
(I'm probably modifying the locations of the legendaries, but then again maybe not. I will decide later for that
smile.gif
)
Don't touch the Elite Four, you will screw yourself, they get stronger each time you fight em in Platinum...
And also, using that Diamond patch screws you up royally cuz the 3 original legendary birds are in Platinum as is, and that patch adds em in other locations... That's why me and a handful of people have started our project... to make sure everything is Perfect

GTK_Kheirro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
could'nt you place the legendary pokemons into a fixed area? with its skin in the map to recognize it (if it's possible), like mewtwo in the cerulean cave, or the legendary in pokemon fire red/leaf green. encountring all the legendary only in the wild its just not so funny.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTK_Kheirro said:
could'nt you place the legendary pokemons into a fixed area? with its skin in the map to recognize it (if it's possible), like mewtwo in the cerulean cave, or the legendary in pokemon fire red/leaf green. encountring all the legendary only in the wild its just not so funny.
Me and My Team are working on something along those lines...

thehuntison6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello again
I patched my rom and started playing and when I went into lake verity to look for starters (cus it was like that in the diamond patch) I only found bidoof and starlys
are you sure this patch is up and running?

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I got my lakes laid out yesterday, each one of my lakes has every starter except for one Sinnoh starter each! ;-p I might have a Beta ready this weekend...

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to tell everyone now, editing the Diamond patch to work with Platinum = FAIL!
There are new areas in Platinum.
Find Mt. Coronet b1F in D/P!
Also known as the fog room

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not to mention there is already "Perfect Platinum" which is a catch-it-all, including new trainers and stuff. sort of like a platinum version for my Insanity Diamond. just not as hard.

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what the hell are you even talking about the "gotta catch am all" shit came from nintendo of america... pokemon games were never about "catching them ALL", because its not even possible

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairytale said:
Not to mention there is already "Perfect Platinum" which is a catch-it-all, including new trainers and stuff. sort of like a platinum version for my Insanity Diamond. just not as hard.
yea, i made perfect platinum... well, still am making it... it's a beta for a reason...
*snip

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RolandHazoto said:
I am going to tell everyone now, editing the Diamond patch to work with Platinum = FAIL!
There are new areas in Platinum.
Find Mt. Coronet b1F in D/P!
Also known as the fog room

Can you tell me what exactly happens there? I will then look into it.
edit: okay screw that, the diamond narc really seems to cause errors. I will be generating my own platinum wild-encounter narc soon that should deal with these problems.

Also, Im still working on my own Platinum Hack. I'm fully aware of Perfect Platinum, but my version will have several new features to that that i will reveal soon.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
those features being? I doubt another team works on scripts and mapping right now, so this sounds very dubious to me.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not new features in a sense of completely new 'hacking'/hex-editing methods, I just meant in comparison to the - pretty good - Perfect Platinum Beta that has been released.
As I already said, i'm in no way a programmer and no skilled hex editor, so I can only use what's there to use. Dont expect anything too big from me.
These are so far new starters & 900+ trainers' pokemon are edited (overall higher leveled, esp. a much tougher Elite Four / Battlezone / Rival's team at the end) which was a LOT of work (pretty time consuming) which is probably why its not in perfect platinum (AFAIK).
There will be different pokemon in the wild, i do not plan to integrate every single one of the 493 in the wild, but to let all be obtainable also by breeding etc.
Editing Trade evolutions is what I plan to do soon, it's already in Perfect Platinum which is a great idea.
Especially at the beginning of the game, I edited some text on the one hand just for fun (i was sick of the whole "welcome to the world of pokemon. blabla" routine) and on the other to hint at the locations of legendarys (i.e.) or to give ingame tips, for example about PokéSav or about the mechanism of EVs. Also tried to add a bit of humour.

What Im not sure about is (@roland) "4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries." in Perfect Platinum. Are the events really triggered by this? I made a trainer-pokemon hold an event item once, stole it with Thief, but obviously it didn't work because just because i had the item didnt mean that the event could be triggered. How exactly did this work? I'm pretty curious about this one.
(AR codes involved?)

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
Not new features in a sense of completely new 'hacking'/hex-editing methods, I just meant in comparison to the - pretty good - Perfect Platinum Beta that has been released.
As I already said, i'm in no way a programmer and no skilled hex editor, so I can only use what's there to use. Dont expect anything too big from me.
These are so far new starters & 900+ trainers' pokemon are edited (overall higher leveled, esp. a much tougher Elite Four / Battlezone / Rival's team at the end) which was a LOT of work (pretty time consuming) which is probably why its not in perfect platinum (AFAIK).
There will be different pokemon in the wild, i do not plan to integrate every single one of the 493 in the wild, but to let all be obtainable also by breeding etc.
Editing Trade evolutions is what I plan to do soon, it's already in Perfect Platinum which is a great idea.
Especially at the beginning of the game, I edited some text on the one hand just for fun (i was sick of the whole "welcome to the world of pokemon. blabla" routine) and on the other to hint at the locations of legendarys (i.e.) or to give ingame tips, for example about PokéSav or about the mechanism of EVs. Also tried to add a bit of humour.

What Im not sure about is (@roland) "4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries." in Perfect Platinum. Are the events really triggered by this? I made a trainer-pokemon hold an event item once, stole it with Thief, but obviously it didn't work because just because i had the item didnt mean that the event could be triggered. How exactly did this work? I'm pretty curious about this one.
(AR codes involved?)
I already have done everything you have listed here, excluding the text edits...
The event items are actually temporarily broken but I will have most if not all of them fixed before anyone else even has the ability to do so...
Some of the pokemon in my game are only obtainable through breeding or evolving, I did not do new starters because the briefcase is uneditable for the time being so it just makes the game feel uncomfortable if you place different starters than what the briefcase shows...
I have changed all of the trainers pokemon and made everything harder in Challenger's Edition of my hack...
I am planning some text edits but they will not be done too soon because I am working hand-in-hand with the guy making the tools for everything...
I also have new events planned out and will be scripted and added in for almost every (if not every) legendary...
And editing all 927 trainers was not that bad... I did it in 3 days...
There really isn't much you can do that I haven't done already or will have done before anyone else has the ability to do it! I am one of only 3 people that can write scripts in hex code, and soon I won't even have to use hex...

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Never claim you're one of X people that can do Y. There's always a bigger fish in the pond.

So, you work hand-in-hand with SCV, what exactly is your purpose in PP and why don't I see you in the IRC channel? Also, you might want to try to not sound like the arogant turk from the downtown neighbourhood.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairytale said:
Never claim you're one of X people that can do Y. There's always a bigger fish in the pond.

So, you work hand-in-hand with SCV, what exactly is your purpose in PP and why don't I see you in the IRC channel? Also, you might want to try to not sound like the arogant turk from the downtown neighbourhood.
As for there being bigger fish, Me SCV and Pichu2001 (who I have yet to meet) are the only active hackers for D/P/P that can script, and I will never deny the fact that they are better than I! SCV has helped me out vastly, with input, advice, theories, pointing me in the right direction, etc. etc. He definitely deserves the Special Thanks he receives on hack threads!
And I am in the IRC channel for ProjectPokemon almost every night! I was in there for about 6 hours last night chattin with greencat and flootenkerp! Also I am a mod on project pokemon...
As for my purpose, it's to make a "Perfect" Pokemon game... Granted perfection is a relative thing and I could debate the semantics forever, but generally people love my hack to this point and I want to expand on that base... It's mentioned in all 3 of my hack threads...
As for the arrogant turk, it just seemed as though, well I will quote myself:
I said I just get a bit competitive... Your tone on GBATemp almost made it seem as though you were saying you were gonna do better by "listing the things that your hack has that you thought perfect platinum did not"
Much like when two companies that sell similar products and one lists what the other does not have or cannot do.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
#Rom-Research being the channel I mean, I never saw you there, and my log goes back quite a bit.
When I ask for purpose, I ask what exactly to you contribute in terms of developing the tools.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally whatever tasks SCV assigned me up until this past week...
Because of such we have discovered a lot of missing areas from his original D/P location list that Platinum now has...
Also I helped him identify the map locations for the entire Battle Frontier...
I laid out the first map list for Platinum, although we had 79 (or something like that) unidentified areas... (I was supposed to map these out to but I didn't have the time now that I will be working again and starting online college courses) I also actually am the reason Platinum PPRE.004b exists, (or at least existed as early as it did, I suppose either way it would have came about eventually) no one knew PPRE didn't work with Platinum till I pointed it out to him...
I have also discovered a massive bug with PPRE for scripting in Platinum, that being the reason Platinum scripting has halted...
I've also begun identifying furniture data (currently unidentified in PPRE)
There are a few other tasks SCV has asked of me that I have done randomly (such as compiling the toolbox for ProjectPokemon)
My contribution shall cut down substantially for awhile but I probably will still be testing programs for him and such before he releases them to the public...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself