bclowe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,

i havent used my ds in quite a while so i updated my cyclo ds' firmware to the current 1.56. unfortunately to my surprise i started getting random crashes after several minutes of gameplay and whenever i go underground. i then went on to try every other fw update inbetween 1.53 and the latest beta.

has anyone else noticed this? i fixed the crashing by just going back to fx 1.53, but now i cant play games like gta...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had the exact same problem in Pokémon Pearl, but almost only when I went underground. When I went underground I could usually take a few steps, then freeze. The problem is not the rom.

bclowe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jackthelad said:
On the compatibility list it states Pokemon Platinum (U) as Working as of v1.56B3

http://cyclods.ject.pro/main:start/p/2
ill try that beta release though.

its after a few steps in underground to be clearer, not right away.
i tried it with the stable release on 1.56 and still get it.

EDIT

ok, it works perfectly with beta 3. i guess ill stick with it, since the stable version doesnt work
gbasp.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the problem on 1.57 beta 1, but I believe it has something to do with the fact that the Underground automatically turns on the DS wireless device to search for other players, which causes the game to be laggy and sometimes freeze. Try the basic stuff like turning off Battery Saver mode, or reformatting your microSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr