OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am i the only one experiencing slight slowdown on the more intricate areas(cities mainly) in Platinum?
I am using an Acekard 2.1 version with a 2GB Japanese Kingston card.

Is the item menu supposed to be so daggone slow?

EDIT: I remember it being fairly slow in Diamond and Pearl as well... I was playing JP PLatinum for a while though, so I probably grew accustomed to the item scroll speed.
Still, I was under the impression that it would have gotten fixed by now,
frown.gif

Then again, I did play Pearl on an R4.

Even if it didn't get fixed, I don't know anyone that has a copy of Platinum to compare to.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LordLandon said:
No, you aren't the only one - there is a very slight slowdown compared to my real copy of diamond.

I just ordered this AceKard 2.1, how noticeable is the slowdown..?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
xiaoset said:
LordLandon said:
No, you aren't the only one - there is a very slight slowdown compared to my real copy of diamond.

Noticeable, when you are in a city the graphics are laggy and slow. And scrolling through your bag is also unbearably slow, but the game is still playable.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
david432111 said:
xiaoset said:
LordLandon said:

Noticeable, when you are in a city the graphics are laggy and slow. And scrolling through your bag is also unbearably slow, but the game is still playable.

Hmm, odd, seeing as how my DSTT works flawlessly (minus the save corruption erase bullcrap) and it's a budget card, AceKard 2.1 is budget but much better

rObOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem, i used to play Pokémon Platinum on my M3 Real, and when I bought the Acekard 2i and played Pokémon on it, i noticed that the menu was slightly slower and the loadings (while entering into a house for example) were a bit longer.
I compared the game simultaneously on the M3 Real and AK2i (I have 2 DS), and I was right, the game took approximatively 30% more time to go from the top to the bottom of the items menu on the AK2i.

The game stays playable but it's not as smooth as it should be. Maybe it can be fixed?

I have a Class 6 4GB Dane Elec SDHC Card.
I also tested it on a Class 4 4GB Kingston SDHC card and it was the same.

Trygle12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I guess this means I have to buy a real copy of Platinum.

I hate losing the convenience of having all my games in one cart. :[

EDIT: Actually, I could always use another flashcart!

Are there any cards that do not have this problem?

I read M3 Real, but I
wanna know how the CycloDS fares.

Aeterna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm. This thread is kind of worrying.

It's mostly worrying 'cause only some people seem to have it(i'm sure the forums'd be exploding if there was a real issue for everyone).
I don't have my DSi yet, but I have my AK2i and a micro-sdhc card already.
Anyone happen to have a Transcend 8gb in combination with DSi/AK2i?

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad somebody brought this up.

Some time ago I noticed the slowdown/frame rate issues when playing Platinum, at first I thought it was just the SD card but I know its not.

I did some comparisons with my Diamond cart and this is what I found out:

The save menu takes longer to show up (around 1 or 2 seconds longer)
When in cities, it slows down (very noticeable on the bike)
Menu scrolling has lag/slowdown even with the pokeball cursor

I have noticed other things like graphical lines appearing when battling in the Battle Frontier (just before the trainer sprite appears).

Though I did post all these problems on the acekad2 site but they were not bothered, this was in around December time. =/

The slowdown kinda ruined the experience for me so I am hoping this can get fixed, so far the only reason why I want to get Platinum is because of this slowdown.

Trygle12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Copy of Platinum.
tongue.gif

Yeah it is slower.

BTW, I bought it for.... SCIENCE!!!

P.S. Does anyone know of a program that can transfer my current save to my new copy of Pokemon Platinum?

I know there was one for SLOT-2 cards, but I dunno if there is one for SLOT-1 cards.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sucks.. I just bought an AceKard 2.1, and it has shipped, a few days ago, because I was looking to be able to play my Pokemon Platinum backup with no issues.

(DSTT has no slowdown, or anything; only problem = Corrupt saves/Erased Saves Every. Single. Shutdown.)

And AceKard 2.1 looked most stable, but now I'm hearing it slows down...
frown.gif
Well, at least no corrupt/erased saves!

LordLandon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trygle12 said:
I just bought a Copy of Platinum.
tongue.gif

Yeah it is slower.

BTW, I bought it for.... SCIENCE!!!

P.S. Does anyone know of a program that can transfer my current save to my new copy of Pokemon Platinum?

I know there was one for SLOT-2 cards, but I dunno if there is one for SLOT-1 cards.
I know savsender (google it) can, it works over wireless... perhaps it isn't the easiest thing to use if you aren't sure how to use it, but it works.

As for people swarming to other carts because of these slowdowns, that's silly. The acekard is great, cheap, and the slowdows in this one game really hardly bother you.

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm my r4 plays platinum perfectly fine without lags. so what u are telling me is that the pretty much outdated r4 is better than the acekard?
ohmy.gif
What if someone used ysmenu to load the game? is there still lag then?

ps. is this lag fixable with a future firmware update or is the ak2 not capable of running it smoothly?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
kangarookangaroo said:
ummm my r4 plays platinum perfectly fine without lags. so what u are telling me is that the pretty much outdated r4 is better than the acekard?
ohmy.gif

ps. is this lag fixable with a future firmware update or is the ak2 not capable of running it smoothly?
It depends on the sd mostly, if it's fast or slow, regular or sdhc etc. But the flash card does make a difference sometimes.

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
kangarookangaroo said:
ohmy.gif

It depends on the sd mostly, if it's fast or slow, regular or sdhc etc. But the flash card does make a difference sometimes.

It looks like you have the same memory card as the one i just ordered with an acekard 2 (kingston 2gb). do you have any lags with platinum?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn