Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Saphire all roms broken?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by masterz87, May 2, 2017.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I wanted to replay the game but since I dont' know of any way currently to dump the catridge myself I thought I'd just do something simple like downloadingthe rom, they all say "gameboy player" on startup which is weird as hell. And they all are broken the stage select thing is scrolling in 3 slots above and belowit is the true image and the midle is just a blank outline. no$gba, gbpsp, regba, and mgba all do this behavior.

This is with normatt's replacement bios and the legit gba bios.

Last edited by masterz87, May 2, 2017
  2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    tried a japanese rom? I remember getting one to test on my EZ 3in1 and worked fine , a little time after that a friend gave me the retail (also japanese) one lol

3. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    If you have a DS or DS Lite and a DS flashcard, you can use GBA Backup Tool to backup your own cart. Though I recall ROMs working fine from the time I tried to play it - though that was a few years back.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    "Game Boy Player" is normal - that game is indeed GBP-enhanced (and listens for all four arrows being pressed at once to enter GBP mode with rumble)

Maybe rip a known working dump from the WiiU version? :P

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States

What's so weird? Just means it has specific GBP functions (probably rumble support) when played on a GBP.

6. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    The stage select screen at the thing, it doesn't work right. As I said it doesn't look right. It scrolls above and below the stage select screen thingy.

It being a gameboy player thing was weird b/c it was something out of the ordinary I doubted normatt's bios would claim it's a GBP.

I'll try to find out if I can find my cart here. I remember playing it years ago(I only got a flashcart maybe 5-6yrs ago tops) and I have only ever sold any system/game once after buying it. And it was my OG ds for a dsi(it barely worked but gs had a trade in thing and I still had my dslite) and pokemon platinum that I sold on amazon as I had no reason for it.
    I still regret selling that game now as it's went up on value since I did that.

vba seems to work just fine so I don't know where this is coming from here's the issue in visual form.

Attached Files:

Last edited by masterz87, May 3, 2017
  7. GBAFail

GBAFail Smell my finger.

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Uranus
    Uhhhh, it shows up either way. It's just a splash before the game. It's always there.