Hacking Pokemon perle running slow on DSTWO

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been using roms with a 2GB microSD card (not sure what class it is. I think it's a 10, hopefully I can check later) in my DSTWO from team supercard; specifically pokemon perle (french version), Argent: SoulSilver et Blanche. They all run fine with the exception of pokemon perle. The reason I started using french roms is because it is my first language so it's less of a concious effort to play these games, but the other reason I scrapped my english pokemon roms and when for the french ones was because pokemon english diamond was running slow, english pearl and english SS+HG were fine.

It seems to be only the perle/diamant/platine generation that run as if they're wading through a jelly, or as americans say; a jell-o. There is noticable slow down with them; the games are not as fluid. I don't even have to hold up my origional cards on another DS beside my DS w/ the flash card to tell the difference. You just play it and it's off beat/noticably slow.

The English and Francais HG+SS and Blanche+Noir/Black+White versions run fine.

I know this might not be a DSTWO question, it might be more of a 4th generation pokemon games question, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem; games running slow, specifically the perle/diamant/platine games. On a DSTWO.

Also it's the same no matter what DS I use. Phat or DSi XL results are the same.

I'm thinking about a new microSD card? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

et bonne nuit ou bon matin!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Also maybe the micro sd is fragmented. Backup all your data, format it using panasonic SD formatter, move all data back and try again. Also, for some reason I found Diamond/Pearl to be a bit slower, too but not Platinum.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It sounds like slow speeds from your MicroSD card. If you can live without real times saves, you could try running it in clean mode and see if the performance improves.

@[member="Terminator02"]I double checked and it is class 10.

Also maybe the micro sd is fragmented. Backup all your data, format it using panasonic SD formatter, move all data back and try again. Also, for some reason I found Diamond/Pearl to be a bit slower, too but not Platinum.

@[member="Coto"]Thanks that fixed it. Must have been suffering from bad defragmentation as it is only a 2GB card so I am constantly moving roms on and off it. I normally just use the built in system utilities but I gave that panasonic one a try, fired up my windows machine and it worked well. Now pokemon perle is working well too. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg