Gaming Pokemon Pearl not saving on my DS-X

zeroblitzt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much just that. The save shows up on my card when I plug it in to the computer (its around 5KB). But each time I start up Pearl, it wont load it, it goes straight into a new game. Any tips?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No idea about your card but a pokemon save is 256KB on the game some cards like the R4 make the file 512KB (I don't know what else is in there) so yours is way to small.

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine's saying the save file is corrupted. I played it, saved it, switched off. I've loaded it once since then and it's worked fine. Came to load it today after putting about an hour into it and it said the save file is corrupted, and loaded the 'previous save' which happened to be my first save at the start of the game.

Edit: I'm using DS-X 4Gb

zeroblitzt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i saved at some various points (first town, second town, and the route in between them). All give me the same results.

I may try Diamond to see if it works any better

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No idea about your card but a pokemon save is 256KB on the game some cards like the R4 make the file 512KB (I don't know what else is in there) so yours is way to small.

lecture.gif
Nope, DS-X compacts it's saves so they don't occupy space, it's a totally normal process.
biggrin.gif

However, if saves are imported from the Net, they work, yes, but the it takes more time to "Save to EEPROM data" as the DS-X has internal memory, so saves are treated in a different way than the R4 or M3 Simply, which all use Micro SD cards.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a lot of trouble with certain games and the DS-X either corrupting or reverting to a previous save. Custom Robo Arena and Hotel Dusk, I'm looking at you... I have the latest firmware, if that helps.

Emerson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
Nope, DS-X compacts it's saves so they don't occupy space, it's a totally normal process.
biggrin.gif

However, if saves are imported from the Net, they work, yes, but the it takes more time to "Save to EEPROM data" as the DS-X has internal memory, so saves are treated in a different way than the R4 or M3 Simply, which all use Micro SD cards.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so could you help me?

I've been trying to edit my DS-X save with the Pokesave program. I have to convert the save in order for the program to even open it. I make the edits, resave the .sav, and then convert it back to DS-X format. If I delete the old save on my DS-X and replace it, Pokemon says the save is corrupted and I lose everything. This happened when I was 30 minutes in so it was no big deal. I am now over 3 hours in so I'd prefer this not happen again.

piccoro_z

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
looks like the save file in the ds-x in the pokemon games is stored only in the epromm, i noticed this because when i loaded the usa ver of the game, the japanese save that i had auto loaded, maybe doing a reset on the card could solve the problem.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
looks like the save file in the ds-x in the pokemon games is stored only in the epromm, i noticed this because when i loaded the usa ver of the game, the japanese save that i had auto loaded, maybe doing a reset on the card could solve the problem.

lecture.gif
Correct, in which I tried the Pal Park method with my Euro Ruby, and it worked.

Pokemon stores it's sav in 2 different methods. I mean, when I got the English ROM yesterday, I deleted all traces of my .sav and Japanese ROM, but it still continued to load! The EEPROM save was gone, but Pokemon seems to have an internal method of saving your progress.

I used the Select + Up + B method to delete all data, then started a new game.

About Pokesav, can't help you, sorry, it might not work with the English version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.