Pokemon Pearl - Local Trading From NDS To Emulator (PC)?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Overlord_Killia, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Overlord_Killia
    OP

Overlord_Killia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    Yes, I have google'd, but to no avail. There probably isn't a way, but considering it's 2017 now, there just might be

Cleaning my stuff and happened upon my old NDS, so I decided to introduce my niece to Gen 4. She's hooked and I would like to help her evolve pokemon, that only do so by trading, so she can complete her dex
    I've been searching for a way to trade or interact between the NDS system and emulator (PC), but all of the "solutions" I've found aren't local and/or require action replay or flashcarts

Yes, I could just buy another system and game, but I'd like to explore all possible options before doing so

~~~~TL;DR~~~~~
    Is LOCAL play between NDS and emulator (pc) possible? Or no dice?

2. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Nope.

3. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I have very limited knowledge on this, but I think the DS has a custom protocol for link play, so it's only been implemented on DS devices. That means you can't link it to a PC.

4. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Just extract the save and export the pokemon you want using PKHeX, or you can rip the save and slap it on an emulator

Thirty3Three and Fishaman P like this.
  5. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    You would definitely have to rip the save first, and that is probably going to require a flashcart. If you happen to have a 3DS with CFW installed, you can use TWLSaveTool.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Technically wrong - some wifi cards are compatible with Nintendo's proprietary packets (see WifiMe and the official Wi-Fi Connector) - but of course appropriate drivers for these pre-Vista devices and an emiulator that supports them would have to be made, so...