ROM Hack Pokemon ORAS/ Model editing Homebrew

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi this is my first tutorial I might not be clear so post a comment if you don't understand ^^.

Required:
Braindump
Gimp or some other program with colormap
Hans (Homebrew app, comes w/ Ninjahax 2.5)
HxD (google it)
Pack (extract the rar. with Winwar)
Ohana3ds
GarcTools (install GARCTools and GARC Unpacker)
A REAL COPY OF POKEMON ORAS, DIGITAL OR A CARTRIDGE
Homebrew 2.5

Romfs Location:

OW models = a/0/2/1
In-Battle models = a/1/3/3
Map models = a/0/3/9
Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Steps:
1. Download braindump and put it in the 3ds folder on your SD card. Launch homebrew and run braindump. It should extract the exefs and romfs from Pokemon ORAS. Make sure to have enough space on your SD card. The exefs and romfs take about 2 GB.

2. Once it's done with the extraction, turn off your 3ds and insert your SD card into your computer.

3. You should find the romfs and exefs files, which should be in this 18 character folder at the root of the SD card.
eXWHfXM.png

4. Now with the pack go to Pack English v3.6--->Pack Hack--->RomFS extractor. It should take some time for it to extract it. You probably want to move the 18 character folder with the exefs and the romfs bin from your SD card to your computer if you have no more space.

5. Once that's done a "romfs_" folder should have been created in the 18 character folder. Open up GARC Unpacker and extract whatever your editing, in this case the OW models. So click "Open" and go to a/0/2/1 and extract. The "Auto Extract on DragDrop" and "Only Un/Decompressed Files" should be ticked off. Then press "Go" and wait.

6. There should be a folder now in a/0/2/1 that was created "1". Open up Ohana3ds, click "Open" and go select a bin file in it. Press the left and right arrow keys to move to another file in the same folder.

Note: (ORAS) There are two May/Brendan models that have a snorkeler mask. It is suggested to use main characters seen throughout the story.
171/314: May
172/315: Brendan
173: Contest May
174: Contest Brendan
316: Bicycle May
317: Bicycle Brendan

Recolor:
Once you found the Brendan/May model go to Textures and extract all.Open up your Gimp or program with colormap. In gimp open up the extracted images and go to Image-->Mode--->Indexed. Then just click Convert with "Generate Optimum palette". Colors-->Map-->Set colormap. Then just edit the colors. Make sure you have 255 colors in the end product of the texture. In Ohana3ds, click import and import the new recolored texture and click save.

Model Swap:
Just find the file you want to play as. For example, Wally which would be file 181. I would just go to the "1" folder in a/0/2/1 and find file 181 and change its number to 172 to overwrite the Brendan file.

7. Once you are done editing, go to GARCTool. Click "Open Folder" and got to a/0/2/1. Then click "Process". #_.garc should have been created. Delete the file that has the same # as #_.garc and rename #_.garc to #. So 3._garc would be renamed to 3 replacing the old one

8. Once thats done, go to the pack-->pack hack-->RomFS Builder. Open up and find the romfs_ folder and press go.

9. Bare with me, it's almost done! Now open up HxD and open the romfs file that was rebuilt. On the left side it should say "Offset (h)". Scroll down till you see FF0 under the "Offset (h)". Highlight that row and highlight till you reach the top, 000. Delete all those offsets. Save the romfs. Make a "hans" folder in the root of the SD card. Place the new romfs file there. Rename you rom based off the 8 characters on the right side of the 18 character folder. Must be all caps.
76rsx4U.png

XcJ1DFu.png

Then remove your SD card from your computer and put it in your 3ds.

10. Run homebrew and click hans. Run the Pokemon ORAS app.
Region, Language, FW, Clock are optional
Code -> SD: NO
Romfs -> SD: YES
Save configuration: Optional

Click OK and volia you are playing a romhack.
J7pilUC.png

CREDITS:
SMEALUM for making Homebrew and Hans
neobrain for Braindump
Asia81 for the Pack
Reisyukaku for Ohana3ds
Kaphotics for Garctools
Thanks to these people n-n

Last edited by Harvest God,

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i don't think it works with models fromx and y so i tried replacing one that is in oras and it works http://imgur.com/a/sXVuh but can you get x and y models to work in oras also why is steven frowning
Damn, Steven looks really depressed...

I'm not sure why that's happening. Might just be some model weirdness.

Reactions: ~Poke~

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah don't do a model swap from XY take the battle ones from ORAS, Trevor for example is in the games files.

wheres the Brendan and may model with no mask on the ones you have listed their both have masks on

The masked brendan and may are the ones that you play as. Also idk why your Steven is so depressed lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, i didnt know that Steven had a model of him holding the bike. Maybe i'll go test him out, but my Wally was like this https://i.imgur.com/sUH8sUW.png

Reactions: Deleted-236924

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
there are like 2 may and bredan battle modelsi think i think you need to replace both of them or just the one that holds the bike idk i just replaced it and it was like that

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only 1 may and brendan model for the inbattle model, the bike models are in the overworld models. That picture that you took, that was from the inbattle model

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but why is steven have an animation of riding the bike and i want to play as the x and y guy in oras and oras does not have his ow models o i need to sue it from x and y which does not work

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
like the dude you play as in x and y i don't remember his name any way it seems steven is using Brendan animations which is causing his face to glitch

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
do you mean i need to replace two files in the battle model file i only changed one it thats why its using bredans animations

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good