Hacking Pokemon ORAS Battle Videos

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently when I downgraded my N3DS, I got stuck in the dreaded soft brick loop of doom and had to reformat. Unfortunately I was tired and completely forgot to even attempt to dump my extdata via the extdata dumper. I have a backup of my previous SD card contents, but they're encrypted. I did have the foresight to upload my most important battle videos to the Internet first. Unfortunately, Nintendo/Game Freak don't allow you to download Battle Videos to your SD card like you could last generation, so my videos are encrypted on my old SD card backup, and the unencrypted versions are stuck in the cloud and will eventually disappear. I know programs like keySAV2 can brute force the encryption, but I'm not sure that will work if I can't make new battle videos in the folder from my backup, as it is my understanding that is what's required to break the encryption.

So, does anyone know of any way to get at my battle video data? I only have 10 or so I really want, so I could theoretically do a RAM dump using my downgraded 3DS while viewing said videos and get at the data that way. I don't really possess the skills to do anything with that RAM dump though. Alternatively, it's possible I've misunderstood and keySAV2 or some other program would be able solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you still have a nand backup from before this happened, you can retrieve the movable.sed and /data folder containing your system saves. WIth this you can use your original saves again. Otherwise without that, you're out of luck. Say good bye to them! :(

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. Unfortunately, I wasn't willing to wait on a hard mod to get a NAND backup before reformatting, and I was a fool not to attempt dumping the extdata using the extdata dumper tool. The frustrating thing is they're all there, on the old SD card, and online. If Game Freak had only given us the option to save battle videos viewed by searching. :cry::hateit:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I suppose they would be there in a RAM dump while viewing them, but I have no idea how to even attempt such a thing. Getting access to RAM dumping would require me to downgrade my emunand's browser, wouldn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality