Hacking Pokèmon ORAS 1.1 update

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't find the .cia file of it anywhere and no one is asking for it, this means I can download it directly from eShop right? It may seem obvious but I've never done it before so I'd like to be sure. Thanks.

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updating games through e-shop is fine. And you should do it soon before Nintendo releases an update and you lose access to it.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the only next update will be in December with 1.2, but what do you mean exactly by losing access to it? Anyway thanks, I'll update right away.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This should no longer be a big deal actually, as we now have the ability to convert updates into installable .cia files so somebody would eventually put them up for those who initially missed the update.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks guys. Just a quick question, if I activate 3D in battles my framerate drops like hell, is this just me?

longgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing JPN ROM now. Will 1.1 update from US eShop work? Or i have to wait for JP update 1.1 .cia file?
Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't promise but it *should* work fine, because Pokemon is one of the few games where the cart is the same in all regions.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats normal
It shouldn't be, but it annoyingly is; all because Game Freak did the laziest job ever and didn't bother update the Gen6 graphics' engine.

Seriously, if Sakurai could commit and succeed at 60fps on Smash 3DS and have a far more graphically intensive game in the process, Tajiri has no *expletive* excuse. Outside of Nintendo's internal offices, Game Freak has had the 3DS SDK longer than anyone. So it just comes off as contempt, or some lazy ass coders.

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the JAP rom and downloaded the update using North American eShop. Worked fine and have connectivity as well.

Reactions: tjexp

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It shouldn't be, but it annoyingly is; all because Game Freak did the laziest job ever and didn't bother update the Gen6 graphics' engine.

Seriously, if Sakurai could commit and succeed at 60fps on Smash 3DS and have a far more graphically intensive game in the process, Tajiri has no *expletive* excuse. Outside of Nintendo's internal offices, Game Freak has had the 3DS SDK longer than anyone. So it just comes off as contempt, or some lazy ass coders.
I believe it was a calculated choice, not a result of bad coders. They intentionally left the models at a higher polycount than the 3DS could handle (that's essentially what has to cause the lag, the models of the pokemon themselves are insane, you can't notice in 240p, but if you use an editor you'll see better), so that they could re-use the same exact models for the games on the next handheld without any work whatsoever.

Since it's very time-consuming to add more polygons compared to dowscaling a 3d object, they kept the hi-poly models and said "fuck you, deal with the frame drops, we gotta make free money for the next 8 years."
Still a result of being lazy and cheap, but yeah.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont even notice it that much, I notice it at the start of the battle but really, I'm not even that bothered. Is it still an issue with the improved hardware of the N3DS though has anyone tried it on that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: