Pokemon OR/AS updates are region free !

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Arnold0, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Arnold0
    OP

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    Hi,

I didn't see this somewhere and serching "Pokemon updates" bings too many results so yeah.

My 3DS said me an update was availlable for pokemon OR so I went to eshop and downloaded it.
    I was using the jpn rom and my 3DS is eur, but the update did install fine, as it does with pokemon X/Y.

So playing out of region game isn't a problem :-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Funny fact : You can download the update in EUR eshop, but the game still isn't normally out for us ^^)

2. Seraphiel

Seraphiel GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2014
    Iceland
    Yes I'm using the first multi release rom and it updated just fine for me on euro shop.

3. fatboynate

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    Its because some games arrive early, even when pre ordered with nintendo. my fantasy life arrived 3 days before uk release date when i pre ordered at nintendo's website and the dlc was already there to download, even though it was 3 days early.

also, i've not used an eu rom to play online on my eu gateway 3ds yet all my games are jp, so im guessing the region lock may not apply for estore updates on some of the newer games (late 2014).