QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get one Gameboy pokemon game but I dont want to bother with the "Versions" to complete the pokedex. I want to get one game and then "Load" all pokemon onto it so that I can use it for a DS Pokemon game.

So, to be extra clear, my question is excluding the pokemon exclusive to D/P which GAME BOY ADVANCE game should I get that will allow me to have all the pokemon?

Emerald? It had all the pokemon from Ruby/Saphire, but does Fr/Lg have anything that Emerald is missing?

I'd love to hear it from you GBATempers because everywhere else that I've asked I never get a straigh forward and easy answer. I always get 4-7 replies and none of them are very helpful.

Random-yet-related note: I own Ruby (It was $5--who could resist?) and I have an authentic Mew on it
gba.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, you'd probably be better asking on one of the huge number of Pokemon fan sites.

They probably have FAQs on such things, and will save you from the bombardment of contradictory answers you may receive from asking lol

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its been a long time and no one seems to know. I guess I'll just have to look it up myself, but I find it rather difficult to just get direct answers from pokemon sites so I will ask in another forum and look it up myself.

I'll post my results here for reference when I have them.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get both
also might want to get crystal, since you can go to khanto (spelled wrong...) after you beat the johoto league and you can them collect bages from the original games(reb/blue/yellow [fire red/leaf green])
then fight travel through a huge cave near the indigo plateau and fight ash...

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbc to gba CAN NOT LINK with gba or Diamond/Pearl

Best bet would be either Fire-Red or Leaf Green The old 1'st gen Poke + the new ones from ruby/saphire/emerald

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
just get both
also might want to get crystal, since you can go to khanto (spelled wrong...) after you beat the johoto league and you can them collect bages from the original games(reb/blue/yellow [fire red/leaf green])
then fight travel through a huge cave near the indigo plateau and fight ash...

I thought you can do this in Gold or Silver too?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
but cyrstal is the upgraded version of these
has new features and upgraded some old ones
The only useful addition to Crystal was the battle tower; everything else was crap added to help sell another version (including the ever so annoying Pokemon animations).

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only pokemon games that really seem to fit your requirements are hacks.

most pokemon are in emerald and firered/leafgreen.
but in emerald you got a little problem.
to get to the more "exclusive" pokemon you need to catch all hoenn pokemon.
which requires some trading.

you're best off buying a slot2 card and hope you can transfer to your d/p game.
or getting your pokemon through wifi( www.serebii.net can help you on that, they have a popular wifi trading chat)

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
the only pokemon games that really seem to fit your requirements are hacks.

most pokemon are in emerald and firered/leafgreen.
but in emerald you got a little problem.
to get to the more "exclusive" pokemon you need to catch all hoenn pokemon.
which requires some trading.

you're best off buying a slot2 card and hope you can transfer to your d/p game.
or getting your pokemon through wifi( www.serebii.net can help you on that, they have a popular wifi trading chat)
Ooh Thanks
smile.gif
, I'll look into this.

NOTE: It took me a while to remember and then find this thread of mine, so sorry I didn't say thanks earlier.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can also trade with yourself if your have the gamecube game pokemon XD and the special link cable which allows you to trade with FireRed/LeafGreen,and Emerald.....(not sure about ruby/sapphire).....

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are the ROM Hacks to Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald that have 386 Pokemon in them, but the ones that don't belong are a bitch to find.

As far as which game has the most, it is Diamond/Pearl themselves where almost every single one save for the previous generation starters and legendaries are obtainable in some way shape or form. If you strictly just want GBA then Emerald has the most, I'm pretty sure.

Most Slot-2 carts, as far as I'm aware, do not work with the GBA/DS Connectivity in the games. There should be a few that do, if you're going to do it that way make absolutely sure you have one which it works with.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Get Emerald. It has the most Pokemon you can catch in a single game and is the longest of the pokemon games. Yes I know you're all going to say Crystal was longer. Yes it was. But DO NOT get any of the gameboy/gameboy color games like Gold Silver or Crystal. You cannot trade from those to any of the GBA or NDS versions ever. Yes Emerald has everything Ruby has MINUS the Saphire-exclusive catchables which can be found in Sapphire. It basically makes Ruby completly obsolete pokedex-wise.

You cannot get "all" pokemon in Emerald. No I'm not talking about Mew and the likes. I mean that if you wanted to catch all possible 1-2-3rd gen Pokemon that can be caught with as few games as possible you would need Emerald, Sapphire, FR and LG. And you still need Collosseum for Lugia and Ho-oh(and A LOT of patience to complete the Emerald dex three times over because at 200 caught Birch lets you pick one of the Johto starters, they are easier to get off Collosseum). The first editions of Collosseum also had a Jirachi promo on disk. So yes if you want to get all 383 obtainables you can't aviod spanning across versions and consoles. But indeed Emerald is the longest, might I add also the most entertaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night