ROM Hack Pokemon Omega Ruby TEXT PROBLEM!! (The cause of the problem is Update 1.2!)

Eli'

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!
I work a lot right now on hacking but I have a really big problem. It's now been 3 days since I work on the text to change the intro of Professor Birch, but it does not work. Let me explain:

Currently I have tried to change the professor Birch with garctool and xytext.

I found his text at a073 in line 118 with xytext. I change the text with mine. Then I used Garctool to pack the file. I use romfsbuilder to pack ExtractedRomFs after that. I put OmegaRuby[edited].3ds in my 3ds but it didnt change anything. I try to see the other english text at a081 but I can not find the text.

The problem is that if the 1.2 update is installed, the game will not show the edited texts because the update replaces them.
The problem is if I'm not installing updates 1.2 the games will not works, because from the moment you arrive in the 3d logo, the game freezing.

Do you have a solution for this?

It's really important for me because I edited a lot of thing like brendan overworld Emerald and his sprite in 3D, pokenav green, music edited) because of this problem i can do nothing...
Here some picture if you want: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=657263PokemonPicture.png

Eli'

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes of course I rebuilding the rom. I don't really understand with the game edited (proof on the link) don't shows the text I edited myself. Apparently it because of the update. (read my first comment). Like i said before, if i delete the update 1.2 the game freeze..

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course I rebuilding the rom. I don't really understand with the game edited (proof on the link) don't shows the text I edited myself. Apparently it because of the update. (read my first comment). Like i said before, if i delete the update 1.2 the game freeze..

I asked "How".

As in, "What are you using to rebuild the ROM?"

Eli'

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How?
To rebuild the rom, I used "RomFS Builder.exe" after I edited the game in the file "ExtractedRomFs". I rename that "Romfs.bin".
Then I use "Makerom" to make a "RubyEdited.3ds." Then I put on my card.
Thank you for your answer anyway.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How?
To rebuild the rom, I used "RomFS Builder.exe" after I edited the game in the file "ExtractedRomFs". I rename that "Romfs.bin".
Then I use "Makerom" to make a "RubyEdited.3ds." Then I put on my card.
Thank you for your answer anyway.

Alright. I was asking, because the game only working with the patch installed is a thing that happens if you use the SDK to rebuild the rom and don't manually fix the sdk's attempt to "fix" your recompiled data.

Eli'

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not really understand. In this case, what can I do? Did you have another sdk who fix the problem?
I have another question: Is it possible to directly edit the 1.2 update? If this is the case, how should I do to edit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo