Hacking Pokemon Omega Ruby: How to downgrade patch 1.4 to 1.3

Mcloving

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone can help me. Is it possible to downgrade Pokemon Omega Ruby patch 1.4 to 1.3 please?

I have a power save version of Pokemon OR from patch version 1.3.

Recently I went to play it and noticed a update and I updated it to 1.4. After downloading the update I loaded the game up but unfortunately something has happened and the cartridge no longer works and just tells me to reset the game.

I've since got a working Pokemon OR cartridge but whenever I restore the save I just get the message "Data is corrupted" and forces me to delete the data. After searching a bit on the web I found out that I need to have the same version of the patch for the powersave restore to "work" and not have a corrupted file. (source https://www.reddit.com/r/powersaves3ds/comments/2uw9tl/backing_up_save_files/)
However I can't download version 1.3 again as the Eshop only has version 1.4.

Can anyone help/guide me download V1.3 to my SD card somehow please so I can use powersave again and restore my old save?

Thank you for reading

Mcloving

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone can help me. Is it possible to downgrade Pokemon Omega Ruby patch 1.4 to 1.3 please?

I have a power save version of Pokemon OR from patch version 1.3.

Recently I went to play it and noticed a update and I updated it to 1.4. After downloading the update I loaded the game up but unfortunately something has happened and the cartridge no longer works and just tells me to reset the game.

I've since got a working Pokemon OR cartridge but whenever I restore the save I just get the message "Data is corrupted" and forces me to delete the data. After searching a bit on the web I found out that I need to have the same version of the patch for the powersave restore to "work" and not have a corrupted file. (source https://www.reddit.com/r/powersaves3ds/comments/2uw9tl/backing_up_save_files/)
However I can't download version 1.3 again as the Eshop only has version 1.4.

Can anyone help/guide me download V1.3 to my SD card somehow please so I can use powersave again and restore my old save?

Thank you for reading

Mcloving

Hmmmm are you able to access homebrew? You may be able to extract the save using SVDT, then try loading it in PKHex on your computer to see if corrupted. If not corrupted, then try wiping the save on the other cartridge and start a new game. After that use SVDT to re-inject the save file...

On the second cart, did you try to inject the powersaves save from the other cart?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am able to access homebrew, thanks for the idea. I will give it a try!
Good luck! Also, use SVDT to backup saves in the future, it has a much less fail rate since it extracts the "main" file as opposed to the raw file with the private header etc...

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse