ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My build is faulty I have new code
rcamp48

I will upload the new code that matches version 1.1 as soon as I get it

I will be up late for at least 4 more hours, so just reply to my message and I will check it later... I have been asked to not post fix files here so I have removed them.......sorry but Dio will have to test them..

rcamp48

Last edited by rcamp48,

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it OK?

FvS9W6M.jpg

UPD! No its NOT! Failed to install cia -said my 3ds...sh*t!
I does that cause it cant find the header files in your 3DS file.......... I had the same problem , I dumped with an old version of decrypt9 not hourglass9 oh use hourglass9 do directly dump to cia not 3ds it is 1 gig smaller

rcamp48

Last edited by rcamp48,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My build is faulty I have new code
rcamp48

I will upload the new code that matches version 1.1 as soon as I get it

I will be up late for at least 4 more hours, so just reply to my message and I will check it later, I cant test it and be on here at the same time but I will let you guys test it

rcamp48
I appreciate the donation, but please stop posting downloads here. If you have "fixes" for the distribution setup batch files, please PM me what has been changed and I'll implement and test them before adding them to the main setup batch. Again, thank you very much for the donation!

Currently uploading a Quick-update to v1.2: Fixed some Shop issues with the v1.1 patch.
  • SaltySD Builds: Fixed Dusk Ball being sold in Konikoni Jewelry instead of Dusk Stone.
  • Distribution Packs: Fixed Distribution Packs including a default Shop.cro instead of the modded one.
If you are already using v1.1 of the SaltySD Build, you can copy the "Lite Build" SaltySD pack over your existing install to update without having to re-download the larger files. Do not use a shop.cro file from the SaltySD packs with the Distribution Pack or vice versa, they are not compatible with each other due to .cro file signatures. The Lite Builds and Distribution Packs are uploaded now on the downloads page, the other SaltySD packs are in the progress of uploading.

Reactions: MurdererFight

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have three headers missing when I decypt they are HeaderNCCH2.bin, HeaderNCCH7.bin and HeaderNCCH9.bin, has anyone else got this with the new 1.1 release ???? I also get an extract error when extrcracting Sun and Moon rcamp48

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have three headers missing when I decypt they are HeaderNCCH2.bin, HeaderNCCH7.bin and HeaderNCCH9.bin, has anyone else got this with the new 1.1 release ???? I also get an extract error when extrcracting Sun and Moon rcamp48
I got those headers missing as well, but that's because Sun and Moon don't have those headers. Building CIA and 3DS works fine even though Makerom tells you those are missing.

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ignore all the changes I made before , they are not needed in the new version, also I made the mistake in 1.1 of overwriting the Nova folder instead of deleteing the old stuff and recopying the new stuff, I did not make this mistake in 1.2

Also the makerom tells me that I don't have enough memory, I had a whole bunch of stuff running in the background, I have a 3 GB memory computer with Windows 10 64 bit OS

rcamp48

Last edited by rcamp48,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore all the changes I made before , they are not needed in the new version, also I made the mistake in 1.1 of overwriting the Nova folder instead of deleteing the old stuff and recopying the new stuff, I did not make this mistake in 1.2

Also the makerom tells me that I don't have enough memory, I had a whole bunch of stuff running in the background, I have a 3 GB memory computer with Windows 10 64 bit OS

rcamp48
3GB of RAM might not be enough to run makerom, since it puts the whole ROM in memory during compilation.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend computer is a desktop and has windows 10 64 bit and 6 gigs of memory, is that enough ???

rcamp48
Not sure, honestly. My PC has 16GB of RAM so I never encountered that issue except once when there was a memory leak in some application. It *should* be though because the entire Sun/Moon ROM is 4GB.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not sure, honestly. My PC has 16GB of RAM so I never encountered that issue except once when there was a memory leak in some application. It *should* be though because the entire Sun/Moon ROM is 4GB.
Exept if other apps use more than 2gb

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try tomorrow morning at her place if I disable all apple products and a few other programs running in the background it should work.....rcamp48
Why not just use SaltySD? It's better in every way, in my opinion. Especially since it makes updating the hack ridiculously quick and simple.

Verix Orichalcos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just installed CFW/FBI/everything on 3ds.guide yesterday, found this hack. Dumped my US Sun cart ( the dump+decrypt option) via Hourglass9, tested the ROM to be decrypted via Citra ( worked fine) and proceeded to follow instructions to get it on CFW. Installed new CIA via FBI, system gives the message about an error occurring and me having to use the power button to turn it off. This is a clean dump from a clean cart, used the latest version of Nova Sun. So far I have not installed any updates to Sun. One of the early steps mentions having the same versions for both the ROM hack and the game, and with the latest version of the hack being at 1.2 ( I believe the dump off the cart is 1.0?) what can I do to make this work? Sorry for bad formatting, not an active forum user, definitely not an active GBATemp user. Cheers!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just installed CFW/FBI/everything on 3ds.guide yesterday, found this hack. Dumped my US Sun cart ( the dump+decrypt option) via Hourglass9, tested the ROM to be decrypted via Citra ( worked fine) and proceeded to follow instructions to get it on CFW. Installed new CIA via FBI, system gives the message about an error occurring and me having to use the power button to turn it off. This is a clean dump from a clean cart, used the latest version of Nova Sun. So far I have not installed any updates to Sun. One of the early steps mentions having the same versions for both the ROM hack and the game, and with the latest version of the hack being at 1.2 ( I believe the dump off the cart is 1.0?) what can I do to make this work? Sorry for bad formatting, not an active forum user, definitely not an active GBATemp user. Cheers!
by "same version as the hack" i meant "use the Sun hack for Sun and the Moon hack for Moon and don't try to mix them up". Anyway, the best way to run the hack would be to just use SaltySD to load the game over your cart instead of installing a CIA.

Verix Orichalcos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by "same version as the hack" i meant "use the Sun hack for Sun and the Moon hack for Moon and don't try to mix them up". Anyway, the best way to run the hack would be to just use SaltySD to load the game over your cart instead of installing a CIA.
Will give it a go right now, then. Thank you for the quick reply, this ROM hack is going to be fun to play :D

Edit : Via that method, is there any way I can still randomize the ROM hack?

Last edited by Verix Orichalcos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]